Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Spatiotemporal Epidemiological Modeler (STEM) » (nCoV scenario) Unable to generating logger CSV files(logger file)
(nCoV scenario) Unable to generating logger CSV files [message #1821359] Tue, 11 February 2020 18:06 Go to next message
Aldo Crossa is currently offline Aldo CrossaFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to run the new nCoV scenario on Windows 10 machine that is behind a firewall. I need to generate logs to analyze after running the simulations.

Following the How-To Guide, I created the new Logger and dragged it into the scenario. It seems to add the file to the scenario, but I also get an error that says "Unhandled event loop exception". I can still run a whole simulation cycle (140 days) with the time series and maps on display, but no files are created under "Recorded Simulations." Also, when I look at "Active Logger" it does not appear on the list. Any suggestions on why this would be the case? I suspect that it has to do with the firewall but I don't know (I'm new to STEM).

Any help would be welcome.

Sincerely
Aldo
Re: (nCoV scenario) Unable to generating logger CSV files [message #1821508 is a reply to message #1821359] Thu, 13 February 2020 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Kaufman is currently offline James KaufmanFriend
Aldo,
This is a defect and I create a new issue so you can track it in bugzilla
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=560122

If you have not done so yet, please subscribe to stem-dev so we can discuss possible work-a-rounds as well
https://accounts.eclipse.org/mailing-list/stem-dev
Re: (nCoV scenario) Unable to generating logger CSV files [message #1821509 is a reply to message #1821508] Thu, 13 February 2020 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for looking into this. I will keep an eye out for the issue and have signed up for stem-dev to discuss possible work-a-rounds.

Following the notes from today's community call, I will follow Emily's suggestion of not logging each day.

Sincerely,
Aldo
Re: (nCoV scenario) Unable to generating logger CSV files [message #1821514 is a reply to message #1821509] Thu, 13 February 2020 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aldo,
The issue is not a defect with the logger but the fact that logging a global scenario takes too much memory for most laptops. I updated the scenario doc here: https://wiki.eclipse.org/2019_novel_Corona_Virus_Model
I also fixed a different issue with the scenario itself and upload a new version of the demo scenario for download. Please try it out and let me know if it works for you. I'll keep looking a the memory issue but I think you will have to run on server and/or create a custom scenario with fewer countries to get the logger to run on a laptop.
Re: (nCoV scenario) Unable to generating logger CSV files [message #1821515 is a reply to message #1821514] Thu, 13 February 2020 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks again for the quick response. I will test this and let you know how that works out. I realized I was requesting many large files from the logger so I see how that can be an issue. Can I request logs for a particular geography? I'm in NYC so I'm interested in 5 specific counties.

Aldo
Re: (nCoV scenario) Unable to generating logger CSV files [message #1821516 is a reply to message #1821515] Thu, 13 February 2020 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Aldo, not
That would be an excellent feature to add to our loggers (log only specified locations from list, or log only certain admin levels like 0,1 but not 2,3). We can do a feature request bug but I'm not sure who we could assign it to. Would you be able to or interested in doing an extension to our logger?
Re: (nCoV scenario) Unable to generating logger CSV files [message #1821548 is a reply to message #1821516] Fri, 14 February 2020 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi James,
I've downloaded the updated scenario as is, but I'm still not getting logger files. I tried changing the setup so it logs on a weekly basis instead of daily, but that didn't seem to work. I may have to make some choices to limit the geographies that I'm interested.

I would certainly be interested in doing an extension to the logger though I have little no experience with java. I will reach out to colleagues to see if we can find someone who could work on this. I think it could be beneficial for us to have this functionality.
Re: (nCoV scenario) Unable to generating logger CSV files [message #1823299 is a reply to message #1821548] Tue, 24 March 2020 14:57 Go to previous message
Hi Aldo, The fastest solution is you don't have a machine large enough to handle the global logger is to make a smaller scenario (say one country or continent at a time). If the logger for your region of interest fits in memory it should work fine. You might want to enable "show heap status" in the Eclipse settings so you see if you are running out of heap.
Previous Topic:New STEM Scenario Fails to Run
Next Topic:What means max capacity and max flow in AirTransportModel in real
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:20:00 GMT 2024