Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Watching and Monitoring of Composite FBs(4DIAC custom function blocks)
Watching and Monitoring of Composite FBs [message #1820991] Tue, 04 February 2020 08:51 Go to next message
Mario Krizic is currently offline Mario KrizicFriend
Hello,

As there is a lot of function blocks to do a rather trivial task that needs to be repeated, while not interfering with the other functionality of my system, I decided to create a custom composite function block. But as there are some conversions that need to be done first, the structure changed a bit.

The original implementation is working as expected, but I am facing some troubles with my custom FB. One sensor value does not seem to read correctly even though the other one works perfectly fine, therefore not stopping the motor.

I need to see if the sensor was not initialized correctly or if I forgot to add a connection. Is there a way to monitor the inside blocks of the composite FB, in order to find the bug faster?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I've got it working, but is it planned to add such a feature in the future?

[Updated on: Tue, 04 February 2020 09:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Watching and Monitoring of Composite FBs [message #1821004 is a reply to message #1820991] Tue, 04 February 2020 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jose Maria Jesus Cabral Lassalle is currently offline Jose Maria Jesus Cabral LassalleFriend
Hi,

usually you should be able to double click the instance of the Composite FB and then monitor the internal FBs. What was the problem in your case?

Regards,

Jose
Re: Watching and Monitoring of Composite FBs [message #1821007 is a reply to message #1820991] Tue, 04 February 2020 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

yes this is possible. in your application double click on your CFB. This will open a CFB instance viewer. In this you can also watch the FBs.
Hope this helps in the future.

Cheers,
Alois
Re: Watching and Monitoring of Composite FBs [message #1821008 is a reply to message #1821007] Tue, 04 February 2020 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Oh didn't see jose's answer.
Re: Watching and Monitoring of Composite FBs [message #1821020 is a reply to message #1821004] Tue, 04 February 2020 15:17 Go to previous message
Mario Krizic is currently offline Mario KrizicFriend
Thank you very much. This should be added to the documentation if it's not there. I did some searching and could not find it.
Previous Topic:modbus avoid to read and write at the same time
Next Topic:LuaJit in windows in ok but under raspiberry can't
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:29:13 GMT 2024