Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » tycho-compiler-plugin:1.5.1:compile Maven Error(Building Eclipse Plugin using Maven tycho-compiler-plugin:1.5.1:compile giving error)
tycho-compiler-plugin:1.5.1:compile Maven Error [message #1819646] Mon, 20 January 2020 09:59 Go to next message
Nikhil Singh is currently offline Nikhil SinghFriend
I am using Oxygen Eclipse and building eclipse plugin using tycho maven compiler 1.5.1. But while building I am getting the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-plugin:1.5.1:compile (default-compile) on project com.infy.finacle.fsdp.BuildManager: Fatal error compiling: Illegal char <:> at index 68: D:\.......(jar path in my Manifest.mf file)...jar -> [Help 1]

I want to add the external jars in the classpath from a specific folder. I added as:
Bundle-ClassPath: ., external:$user.dir$/.....using the external: keyword in the Manifest.mf file. When I remove the external: maven build is successful but my plugins is not working. When I add it plugin is working but maven tycho compiler is throwing the illegal char error.

Same thing is working fine with tycho compiler 0.19.0 and JDK 1.6 but giving error on tycho compiler 1.5.1 and JDK 1.8

Please help.
Re: tycho-compiler-plugin:1.5.1:compile Maven Error [message #1819690 is a reply to message #1819646] Tue, 21 January 2020 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johann DUPUIS is currently offline Johann DUPUISFriend
Hi,

Same issue with 'tycho-compiler-plugin' 1.2.0 and JDK 1.8.

I have found no workaround so far (the usage of extraClasspathElements in pom.xml seems not helping).

Regards.

PS: An issue is opened for a while
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=537320

[Updated on: Tue, 21 January 2020 13:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: tycho-compiler-plugin:1.5.1:compile Maven Error [message #1819699 is a reply to message #1819646] Tue, 21 January 2020 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes!! I tried Maven build with tycho compiler version 1.0.0. Build is successful. I installed the plugin and it is working fine. Thanks for help :)
It should get build for latest version of tycho also.

Is there any other alternative present for referring to external jars?
Eclipse might have introduced some other way to refer these.
Re: tycho-compiler-plugin:1.5.1:compile Maven Error [message #1819702 is a reply to message #1819699] Tue, 21 January 2020 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

How should that work when your plug-in is deployed to other machines?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: tycho-compiler-plugin:1.5.1:compile Maven Error [message #1820586 is a reply to message #1819702] Thu, 23 January 2020 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My plugin is a desktop application. I create zip file for the plugins and the users install in their system. Right now manual export as eclipse plugins is working fine. I want to automate this process with maven build creating a zip archive file. In my plugin there is a requirement of some jars that I do not want to bundle in side my plugin. Users download those jars and place it inside a folder defined by me parallel to eclipse.exe. I want to add the path of that folder in my class path. I have added the folder in class path in Manifest.mf file as Bundle-ClassPath. I have referred to the path as external: in my manifest file. Righ now if I export as eclipse plugin, zip file is created and when I install it on other system everything is working fine. With the maven build using tycho compiler 1.5.1 it is throwing the above mentioned error. I want to add the external jar class path which will be taken up during run time when user place the apt jars in the path mentioned(parallel to eclipse.exe). When I build using 1.0.0 this issue is not there and build is successful but with the versions after that maven build is throwing error. As of now I am referring to the external class path as external: in my manifest.mf file and with manual export plugin is working fine but when I try to build using version of tycho compiler after 1.0.0 it is giving error. I there any other way to refer to external classpath in the latest versions of tycho compiler?

Please tell if any further clarifications are needed.

Your advice will be really helpful.
Re: tycho-compiler-plugin:1.5.1:compile Maven Error [message #1820716 is a reply to message #1819702] Mon, 27 January 2020 14:42 Go to previous message
Sir, my plugin is a desktop application. I create zip file for the plugins and the users install in their system. Right now manual export as eclipse plugins is working fine. I want to automate this process with maven build creating a zip archive file. In my plugin there is a requirement of some jars that I do not want to bundle in side my plugin. Users download those jars and place it inside a folder defined by me parallel to eclipse.exe. I want to add the path of that folder in my class path. I have added the folder in class path in Manifest.mf file as Bundle-ClassPath. I have referred to the path as external: in my manifest file. Righ now if I export as eclipse plugin, zip file is created and when I install it on other system everything is working fine. With the maven build using tycho compiler 1.5.1 it is throwing the above mentioned error. I want to add the external jar class path which will be taken up during run time when user place the apt jars in the path mentioned(parallel to eclipse.exe). When I build using 1.0.0 this issue is not there and build is successful but with the versions after that maven build is throwing error. As of now I am referring to the external class path as external: in my manifest.mf file and with manual export plugin is working fine but when I try to build using version of tycho compiler after 1.0.0 it is giving error. I there any other way to refer to external classpath in the latest versions of tycho compiler?

Please tell if any further clarifications are needed.

Your advice will be really helpful.
Previous Topic:Dual Boot Win 7 and Win 10
Next Topic:Error in Maven Build using Tycho
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:28:01 GMT 2024