Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problem with installing plugins in Eclipse(Installing a plugin in Eclipse fails, because required items could not be found, although they are there.)
Problem with installing plugins in Eclipse [message #1819542] Fri, 17 January 2020 07:21 Go to next message
Bastian Mämecke is currently offline Bastian MämeckeFriend
I´ve some trouble with installing a plugin in Eclipse. I´m using Quartus Prime Lite Edition (v. 18.1) NIOS II EDS (Eclipse Mars.2 Release (4.5.2)). This is a customized version from Intel for fpga programming and I need these customized features in NIOS. So I cannot update the Eclipse version.

My Problem:

When I try to install the plugin, it fails, because it could not find the installed requirements. When I tried to install via "Install New Software" or via command line, i get the following message:
C:\Users\maemeba>"C:\intelFPGA_lite\18.1\nios2eds\bin\eclipse_nios2\eclipsec.exe" -nosplash -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -repository http://welding1.wittag.net:9090/axivion/axivion-eclipse-plugin/repository -installIU com.axivion.aclipse.feature.feature.group
Installing com.axivion.aclipse.feature.feature.group 6.9.13.02186.
Installation failed.
Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software being installed: Axivion Eclipse Feature 6.9.13.02186 (com.axivion.aclipse.feature.feature.group 6.9.13.02186)
 Missing requirement: Axivion Eclipse Feature 6.9.13.02186 (com.axivion.aclipse.feature.feature.group 6.9.13.02186) requires 'org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations 2.1.0' but it could not be found
Application failed, log file location: C:\Users\maemeba\.altera.sbt4e\18.1.0.625-windows64\configuration\1579076958115.log

I´ve checked, if the missing requirements are aviable, and they are there.
index.php/fa/37182/0/

FIY: The Eclipse can contact the URL.

Unfortunately, the support for the Quartus product can't help me.

Do you know any solutions?

Many thanks, kind regards
Bastian
Re: Problem with installing plugins in Eclipse [message #1819634 is a reply to message #1819542] Sun, 19 January 2020 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Emmanuel Chebbi is currently offline Emmanuel ChebbiFriend
I believe that the issue is that Axivion requires exactly the 2.1.0 version of the p2.operations plugin whereas you have the 2.4.0 version installed.

Not sure about the best way to solve the issue, but here are the different workarounds that I would try:

• Search for the Eclipse IDE release that packages the 2.1.0 version and check whether you can use it;
  • Search for a P2 update site that contains the 2.1.0 version and add it the list of Eclipse's update sites: this way Eclipse IDE may be able to find it, install it & hopefully active it at runtime;
  • Search for Axivion's source code and check whether I can modify it to soften the dependencies so that the plugin accepts the 2.4.0 version;
  • Downgrade the version of the installed plugin but since its P2 it may be tricky;

Re: Problem with installing plugins in Eclipse [message #1819639 is a reply to message #1819634] Mon, 20 January 2020 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
thank you very much for your help.
Axivion can handle newer versions of the p2.operations. We have tried it in some other versions of Eclipse.

Nevertheless, I could not update/downgarde any packages. When I tried to install a package, Eclipse doesn´t start anymore or Eclipse lose the special customized features of NIOS 2.

I think, that Intel customized their Eclipse version regarded to the standard file directory and Axivion didn´t get these changes.
The point to check the Axivion Source Code could work. How can I find the files at the Axivion Source Code, that accesses to the p2 files?

Kind regards
Bastian
Re: Problem with installing plugins in Eclipse [message #1820756 is a reply to message #1819639] Tue, 28 January 2020 12:35 Go to previous message
Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know, that I have solved the problem with the 3rd party plugin.

I was able to solve the problem by copying, pasting and merging files of the 3rd party plugin and the NIOS2 Eclipse. Unfortunately, an installation via "Install New Software" is still not possible.

Regards

Bastian
Previous Topic:Error in Maven Build using Tycho
Next Topic:Eclipse wont properly download
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:33:31 GMT 2024