Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Unresolved Includes(Eclipse C/++ IDE cannot find preprocessor macros or headers)
Unresolved Includes [message #1819418] Tue, 14 January 2020 20:59 Go to next message
Ryan Myers is currently offline Ryan MyersFriend
I am trying to configure Eclipse C/++ IDE to work with the ESP-IDF and develop embedded C for an esp32 chip. I have followed all install instructions provided by Espressif, however Eclipse is unable to resolve macros and header file includes inside the editor. One solution I saw was to edit the path inside the Preprocessor Include Path, Macros etc. tab in C/++ General settings drop down, however this tab seems to be missing in my version of Eclipse and I do not know how else to edit these settings. The project still builds, I am just trying to figure out how to get the editor to recognize these header files.
Re: Unresolved Includes [message #1819612 is a reply to message #1819418] Sat, 18 January 2020 08:59 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
I assume you are using the Espressif plugin.
I also assume you installed the tools:
https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclipse-plugin/blob/master/README.md#InstallTools
You are correct that there doesn't seem to be a way to inform the Indexer.
I note that the Espressif FAQ says 2019-12 is required.
Espressif is 3rd party software.
While you may find someone with an answer here you would be better off asking at
https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclipse-plugin/issues
or wherever their support is.
Previous Topic:How do I configure eclipse to open linux terminal instead of eclipse console?
Next Topic:How get that step into (F5) work with Qt exec mthod ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 18:49:58 GMT 2024