Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » OpenAPI TTCN code generation?
OpenAPI TTCN code generation? [message #1819286] Sat, 11 January 2020 21:45 Go to next message
Harald Welte is currently offline Harald WelteFriend

Dear Eclipse TITAN community,

like probably many others I'm currently wondering what the TITAN approach to testing the 5G Core SBA will look like. I suppose the HTTP2 support that was implemented and presented here in the forum some months ago was a first step in that direction, and not a coincidence?

The next step then is how to work with the Service/API definitions provided by 3GPP in OpenAPI 3 syntax. I've seen code generation for many different programming languages, including e.g. Erlang. But I haven't yet seen anything related to TTCN3.

Is there already some plan / roadmap / implementation? If so, will it be open source?

Note: I'm not demanding anything, I'm merely asking if there are plans or ongoing work in order to determine if TITAN can be used for testing 5G SBA without having to spend tons of time on implementing tooling first.

Thanks,
Harald
Re: OpenAPI TTCN code generation? [message #1819287 is a reply to message #1819286] Sat, 11 January 2020 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Harald Welte is currently offline Harald WelteFriend

Arg. Sorry for the noise. I now saw https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1099372/ - Thanks!
Re: OpenAPI TTCN code generation? [message #1819289 is a reply to message #1819287] Sun, 12 January 2020 07:02 Go to previous message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi Harald,

see also

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1098615/
How to convert JSON into TTCN-3

that adds some detail to the JSON /TTCN-3 conversion.

Scripted support for TTCN-3 code generation from YAML or JSON is not available currently, but in my opinion it should not be a large investment;
however we could not find the justification to implement it due to the simplicity of manual conversion.

Best regards
Elemer
Previous Topic:The "Christmas refactoring"
Next Topic:problems contributing to DIAMETER_ProtcolModule_Generator / gerrit out of sync?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:20:45 GMT 2024