Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » NullPointerException when trying to open properties view(java.lang.NullPointerException at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.legacy.internal.extension.impl.LegacyPropertyTabRegistry.sortTabDescriptorsByAfterTab(LegacyPropertyTabRegistry.java:115))
NullPointerException when trying to open properties view [message #1819238] Fri, 10 January 2020 10:59 Go to next message
Thomas Brand is currently offline Thomas BrandFriend
Hello,

after updating Eclipse to version 2019-12 I cannot open the Properties view for model elements shown in a Sirius based model editor. Am I the only one, is my system somehow broken and the Eclipse update wasn't the reason for this change?

I also experienced this after downloading a fresh eclipse-jee-2019-12-R-win32-x86_64, installing ECoreTools 4.0 and Sirius 6.2, installing the latest updates and create a new Modeling project with an .ecore file in a new workspace.

eclipse.buildId=4.14.0.I20191210-0610
java.version=1.8.0_231
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -data file:/C:/temporary/workspace/ -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench
Error
Fri Jan 10 11:47:31 CET 2020
Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench".

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.legacy.internal.extension.impl.LegacyPropertyTabRegistry.sortTabDescriptorsByAfterTab(LegacyPropertyTabRegistry.java:115)
	at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.legacy.internal.extension.impl.LegacyPropertyTabRegistry.getPropertyTabs(LegacyPropertyTabRegistry.java:58)
	at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.legacy.internal.extension.impl.LegacyTabDescriptorProvider.get(LegacyTabDescriptorProvider.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.internal.registry.EEFTabbedPropertyRegistry.getAllTabDescriptors(EEFTabbedPropertyRegistry.java:81)
	at org.eclipse.eef.properties.ui.internal.registry.EEFTabbedPropertyRegistry.getTabDescriptors(EEFTabbedPropertyRegistry.java:127)

Kind regards

Thomas
Re: NullPointerException when trying to open properties view [message #1819403 is a reply to message #1819238] Tue, 14 January 2020 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi,

This was a regression introduced in EEF 2.1.3 by the change for https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=550436. The fix for this NPE has just been merged on master (https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/155809/) and will be included in the next EEF release.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: NullPointerException when trying to open properties view [message #1819425 is a reply to message #1819403] Wed, 15 January 2020 07:37 Go to previous message
Thomas Brand is currently offline Thomas BrandFriend
Thank you!
Previous Topic:opening of sirius editor
Next Topic:Sirius Web Diagrams Support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:30:56 GMT 2024