Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Paho Java client is NOT receiving MQTT events.(Intermittent, Paho java client is not receiving MQTT events even though client is connected.)
Paho Java client is NOT receiving MQTT events. [message #1819036] Mon, 06 January 2020 04:28 Go to next message
Dileep Mising name is currently offline Dileep Mising nameFriend
Hello All,

Issue: I am facing an intermittent issue where the MQTT subscriber failed to receive events from the broker even though the client is connected to the broker.

Context:
I have a service subscribed to the broker using MQTT paho java client 1.2.0 with durable subscription, keep-alive time as 30 seconds and turned off automatic reconnect. I have registered a callback for connection complete, connection lost and message processing.

Handling reconnection

Whenever callback is received for connection lost, my subscriber program marks the connection as failed and reconnects using reconnect API after 2 minutes.

Current Problem:
Sometimes my subscriber failed to receive events from broker even though client is connected to broker. I am verifying the client connection status using API mqttClient.isConnected().
Re: Paho Java client is NOT receiving MQTT events. [message #1819053 is a reply to message #1819036] Mon, 06 January 2020 12:17 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I doubt the Paho folks will see your question here. probably better to ask on their specific forum:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/247/

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Java 12 Advanced LookUp Disabled
Next Topic:Eclipse Contributor Agreement?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:08:32 GMT 2024