Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Can't debug startup code Reset_Handler(startup_MKL24Z4.S file is not displayed and cannot step through assembly code.)
Can't debug startup code Reset_Handler [message #1819016] Sat, 04 January 2020 20:01
Anthony  Heak is currently offline Anthony HeakFriend
Hi, maybe somebody can help me with this. I am trying to debug the startup code for my kl25z freedom board. I set a breakpoint at Reset_Handler label which is in file startup_MKL25Z4.S

I am using GDB PEMicro Interface Debugging plugin. In the eclipse 2019-12 Debug Configurations Startup tab, I set breakpoint at Reset_Handler (the label in startup code at address 0x4d0) and uncheck Run on reset checkbox. When starting debugging a new tab is created in the editor with a message:
"Break at address 0x4d0 with no debug information available, or outside of program code"

The code is compiled with debugging information with the -ggdb flag and optimization set to -O0 (no optimatization).

If I set the breakpoint at main, the program debug just fine, I can step through it.

Thanks in advance,
Anthony H.
Previous Topic:Can't use nebula xygraph
Next Topic:Network blocked by a proxy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 07:33:46 GMT 2024