Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Preferences between workspaces
Preferences between workspaces [message #1818953] Fri, 03 January 2020 09:36 Go to next message
Kang Nguyen is currently offline Kang NguyenFriend
Hi,
My team has a set of files for eclipse templates, cleaning and formatting rules.
The problem is that everytime I change the workspace I need to reimport those files and do an additional workdpace manual setting.
Is it possible to enable those preference for all workspaces. Is there a central place where I can put those files.
Thanks.
Re: Preferences between workspaces [message #1819192 is a reply to message #1818953] Thu, 09 January 2020 18:10 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
The "modern" approach to share workspace preferences is using Oomph, see https://wiki.eclipse.org/Oomph
If it's just for a formatter profile it may look like overkill, but once you've created your first fully-automated installation setup, you'll love it :)
Previous Topic:The clipboard contents into the selected elements
Next Topic:Every second Junit 5 test execution fails with message 'No tests found with test runner JUnit 5'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 22 18:58:46 GMT 2020