Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Display current ECC state of a basic function blocks(Query Forte for current active state of a basic function blocks )
Display current ECC state of a basic function blocks [message #1818853] Mon, 30 December 2019 14:13 Go to next message
Valeriy Vyatkin is currently offline Valeriy VyatkinFriend
Please help with the format of management commands to query Forte for the current active state of a basic function block. What is desired is to write a visualiser of the ECC during the execution.
Re: Display current ECC state of a basic function blocks [message #1818856 is a reply to message #1818853] Mon, 30 December 2019 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Although we are currently not able to show internal run-time information of BFBs and Simple FBs in 4diac IDE, we have foreseen the access to internal variables and the ECC's state in 4diac FORTE. For that we allow that you can give the name of the internal variable or $ECC as part of the READ command in the Source information. So if you give the following READ command:

<Request ID="xxx" Action="READ">
<Connection Source="FB.$ECC" Destination="*" " />
</Request>

You should be able to get the current ECC state of your FB. You will get an integer which corresponds to the state as stored in the FB's XML file. As the Request is sent as IEC 61131-3 string it may be necessary to escape the $ in $ECC (i.e., $$ECC). But I haven't tested that yet.

Please be also aware that this infrastructure is only suitable for getting stable ECC states. Transient states may not be visible to the management command infrastructure. Also if your FB is changing state very frequently than you may also not get all states.

I also heard that Jose planned to work on some infrastructure for showing the current ECC state in 4diac IDE. Maybe you can join forces here.

Cheers,
Alois

[Updated on: Mon, 30 December 2019 16:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Display current ECC state of a basic function blocks [message #1819236 is a reply to message #1818856] Fri, 10 January 2020 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jose Maria Jesus Cabral Lassalle is currently offline Jose Maria Jesus Cabral LassalleFriend
HI,

I got back today fom vacations. Yes, I'm working on showing the current ECC state and the internal variables for BFB. I got to open a new view for each BFB instance, and now I'm working on showing the desired information somehow
Re: Display current ECC state of a basic function blocks [message #1838598 is a reply to message #1819236] Tue, 02 March 2021 09:25 Go to previous message
joy woo is currently offline joy wooFriend
When will it be released?
Previous Topic:Discussion about integrate FB in ECC
Next Topic:build 4diac error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:22:04 GMT 2024