Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » GTK integration in Eclipse on Ubuntu VM(Cross compiling on Ubuntu 18.04 with Gtk3 for Raspberry-Pi running on armhf)
GTK integration in Eclipse on Ubuntu VM [message #1818625] Fri, 20 December 2019 18:12 Go to next message
Amitava Banerjee is currently offline Amitava BanerjeeFriend
I have already set up Eclipse on Ubuntu (18.04) VM for cross compilation for Raspberry Pi running on armhf. I can do remote debugging on simple C++ hello world code using GDB server.
Now, I want to setup my Eclipse build environment with GTK3. When I do the chores like apt-get install libgtk-3-dev, apt-get install libgtkmm-3.0-dev etc, Ubutu target the gtk installation for amd64, whereas I want to target armhf on remote Raspberry-Pi board.
How do I configure my Eclipse project settings for armhf specific gtk integration?
Re: GTK integration in Eclipse on Ubuntu VM [message #1818819 is a reply to message #1818625] Mon, 30 December 2019 05:20 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
apt-get will assume you are developing for your development system.
If you want the libraries for the Raspberry you'll have to search for them.
You may have to get the source and compile them for the Raspberry yourself.

Before you can integrate them into Eclipse, you'll have to know how to get them into the Raspberry,
You probably would have better luck asking at the https://www.raspberrypi.org site
Maybe you could start here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46662

Previous Topic:Pkg-config support for Eclipse CDT
Next Topic:Writing in a File using a file descriptor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:31:53 GMT 2024