Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Create substates in ECC(4DIAC custom function blocks)
Create substates in ECC [message #1818313] Thu, 12 December 2019 11:16 Go to next message
Mario Krizic is currently offline Mario KrizicFriend
Hello, is there a nice way to create substates in the ECC?
I have a state diagram with two mayor states: Working/NotWorking. From each substate of working I want to be able to transition to NotWorking and only from one state in NotWorking into Working.
Is there a way to implement this without having to connect each Working substate with the first NotWorking state? It would improve readability by a lot, given you have a lot of states.

In other words, is there a way to create a diagram similar to this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14681522/uml-state-machine-substate-transition

Thank you for your help in advance!
Re: Create substates in ECC [message #1818318 is a reply to message #1818313] Thu, 12 December 2019 12:44 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend
Hi Mario,

unfortunately IEC 61499 does currently not allow this. However we are discussing in the standardization committee to improve the ECC and add such features. Therefore your feedback is very valuable.
In the meantime I fear the only option you have is the one that you are already mentioning.

BR,
Alois
Previous Topic:SPI on Raspberry Pi | 4DIAC
Next Topic:Error when using the INIT event
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jan 28 13:19:58 GMT 2020