Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Obeo's BPMN Designer
Obeo's BPMN Designer [message #1818265] Wed, 11 December 2019 07:24 Go to next message
Clever Alves is currently offline Clever AlvesFriend
Hi, everyone!

I've installed Obeo Designer Community 11.2 and the items

index.php/fa/36948/0/

and

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/obeo-bpmndesigner-releases/4.0.1/repository/
(BPMN-Designer and Sirius Support for Legacy Queries features)

However, after loading the BPMN examples and trying to execute them, a problem occurs:

index.php/fa/36949/0/

Could someone help me figure out what's causing such a problem, please?

I've explored all links in the Obeo Designer's welcome tab. The documentation seems to replicate the available one on Sirius though. Would there be any documentation on how to transform Ecore models into BPMN diagrams or a tutorial on how to build the BPMN samples in the OD's examples folder?

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Clever.
  • Attachment: untitled.png
    (Size: 13.68KB, Downloaded 699 times)
  • Attachment: image.png
    (Size: 29.07KB, Downloaded 469 times)
Re: Obeo's BPMN Designer [message #1818266 is a reply to message #1818265] Wed, 11 December 2019 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi,

We need more details to help you:

• What do you mean by "trying to execute them" exactly (what concrete actions did you do to trigger the error)?
  • Please provide the details of the error.

Quote:

Would there be any documentation on how to transform Ecore models into BPMN diagrams or a tutorial

Not sure I understand what you mean. If you want to create BPMN diagrams from your (or the examples) .bpmn models, well that is what the BPMN modeler enables, provided the .bpmn models can correctly be loaded.

If by "transform Ecore models into BPMN " your mean transforming ".ecore" models into ".bpmn" models, I'm not sure it would make much sense (from my limited understanding of BPMN).

Regards,
Pierre-Charles

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Obeo's BPMN Designer [message #1818268 is a reply to message #1818265] Wed, 11 December 2019 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Redor is currently offline Laurent RedorFriend
Hello,
I have no problem with the procedure described on https://github.com/ObeoNetwork/BPMN-Designer (README.md).
On this process, the recommended ODCE version is 10.1 and not 11.2. And the feature to install is "BPMN-Designer" and "Sirius Support for Legacy Queries":
index.php/fa/36950/0/

With this installation, I can use the examples without problem:
index.php/fa/36951/0/.

I try with ODCE 11.2 and I have no problem too:
index.php/fa/36952/0/

Regards,

Laurent

Laurent Redor - Obeo

Re: Obeo's BPMN Designer [message #1818301 is a reply to message #1818266] Thu, 12 December 2019 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your reply, Pierre!

Quote:
What do you mean by "trying to execute them" exactly (what concrete actions did you do to trigger the error)?

I've just tried to reproduce the problem unsuccessfully. It occurred when I double-clicked "representations.aird" though. Now "representations.aird" appears to work fine, but doesn't allow me to create a representation (may you see snapshot below).

Quote:
Please provide the details of the error.

There's no log report this time then. The problem now is that the diagram doesn't show up...(may you see snapshot below)

My steps this time were: Right click in the model explorer (Sirius perspective) => New => Example... => BPMN/BPMN Samples => ... => Finish => Right click on folder "BPMN_Designer.examples.nobelprize" => Viewpoints selection => Empty...

index.php/fa/36963/0/

Quote:
If by "transform Ecore models into BPMN " your mean transforming ".ecore" models into ".bpmn" models

I'd like to use BPMN-Designer to translate annotated Ecore models into BPMN diagrams so that I could have a graphical representation of sequences and operations (that would actually be an alternative to UML's activity and sequence diagrams since Ecore only offers class diagrams). Does it make sense? May you have a look at https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1818104/#msg_1818104

Regards,

Clever.
  • Attachment: Untitled.png
    (Size: 175.79KB, Downloaded 405 times)
Re: Obeo's BPMN Designer [message #1818302 is a reply to message #1818268] Thu, 12 December 2019 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your reply, Laurent!

Quote:
the feature to install is "BPMN-Designer" and "Sirius Support for Legacy Queries":

It seems OK to me, I've done it...

Quote:
the procedure described on https://github.com/ObeoNetwork/BPMN-Designer (README.md).

...however, I have doubts when dealing with http://download.eclipse.org/releases/oxygen/ Could you please detail or provide a snapshot as to what needs to be performed? There's a myriad of plug-ins associated to it...

Regards,

Clever.
Re: Obeo's BPMN Designer [message #1818305 is a reply to message #1818302] Thu, 12 December 2019 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Redor is currently offline Laurent RedorFriend
Quote:
...however, I have doubts when dealing with http://download.eclipse.org/releases/oxygen/ Could you please detail or provide a snapshot as to what needs to be performed? There's a myriad of plug-ins associated to it...

There is nothing special to do with it. It must be in the available repositories because the 2 mentioned features could have dependencies, that would be found in it.

Laurent Redor - Obeo

Re: Obeo's BPMN Designer [message #1818425 is a reply to message #1818305] Sun, 15 December 2019 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your reply, Laurent!

I'd just like to know which items I should install since there are 1250 available ones, could you please advise me of that?

index.php/fa/36981/0/

Although not originally addressed to you, I'd also appreciate very much if you could give me some guidance on:

Quote:
The problem now is that the diagram doesn't show up...(may you see snapshot below)

My steps this time were: Right click in the model explorer (Sirius perspective) => New => Example... => BPMN/BPMN Samples => ... => Finish => Right click on folder "BPMN_Designer.examples.nobelprize" => Viewpoints selection => Empty...

and

Quote:
I'd like to use BPMN-Designer to translate annotated Ecore models into BPMN diagrams so that I could have a graphical representation of sequences and operations (that would actually be an alternative to UML's activity and sequence diagrams since Ecore only offers class diagrams). Does it make sense?

Regards,

Clever.
    (Size: 40.42KB, Downloaded 384 times)
Re: Obeo's BPMN Designer [message #1818512 is a reply to message #1818425] Wed, 18 December 2019 06:04 Go to previous message
Hi, everyone!

When I tried to load the examples again earlier today, after clicking on "definitions.bpmn" a new error message popped up:

index.php/fa/36992/0/

Does anyone have a clue upon its meaning?

Then I tried to install the whole bunch of plug-ins below

index.php/fa/36993/0/

However, when the installation finished up and I restarted the Obeo Designer, it got stuck to

index.php/fa/36994/0/

and the tool didn't start at all. I tried several times after crashing the application via task manager and the problem persisted.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Clever.
    (Size: 9.35KB, Downloaded 355 times)
  • Attachment: image.png
    (Size: 47.98KB, Downloaded 376 times)
    (Size: 56.95KB, Downloaded 381 times)
Previous Topic:Properties fields in Diagram Description
Next Topic:Performing unrelated tasks as part of separate operations - resource creation, set operation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:50:31 GMT 2024