Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Unable to Install Xtext(Errors encountered when trying to install Xtext into Eclipse 2018-09)
Unable to Install Xtext [message #1817343] Wed, 20 November 2019 17:01 Go to next message
Michael Moore is currently offline Michael MooreFriend
I am trying to install Xtext into Eclipse 2018-09. The details of my Eclipse instance are attached as About Eclipse.png.

I installed Xtext from "Xtext Trial - http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/updates/composite/releases/" and selected all components. After it calculated requirements and dependencies I got the message "Cannot perform operation. Computing alternate solutions..."

After the computation was done I got a list of components that would be upgraded/downgraded (Will be upgraded downgraded.png), components that would not be installed (Won't be installed.png) and would be installed (Will be installed.png). The original error is shown in Original error.png.

I proceeded to keep my installation the same and modified the items being installed to be compatible. When this completed I restarted Eclipse, but there was no Xtext wizard in the New project menu.

Can you help me identify what is wrong?

Michael
Re: Unable to Install Xtext [message #1817407 is a reply to message #1817343] Thu, 21 November 2019 17:10 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
You should not select all components

Just Xtext sdk and xtend

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:Change StandaloneSetup location
Next Topic:Usage of externally defined symbols in grammar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 02:19:52 GMT 2024