Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] Repository checkouts not visible in Project Explorer(Checkouts can be created but aren't shown in Project Explorer)
[CDO] Repository checkouts not visible in Project Explorer [message #1817172] Sun, 17 November 2019 20:19 Go to next message
Christoph Mack is currently offline Christoph MackFriend
Hi,

I am trying to get started with CDO and encountered a problem using checkouts. I am using a remote CDO model repository created following the tutorial at https://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_started_with_CDO_Helios. Creating sessions and transactions via the 'CDO Sessions' view and concurrently modifying models as described there works fine.

The creation of checkouts, via the checkout wizard opened via the 'Project Explorer' view, and the 'CDO Repositories' view's 'Checkout' and 'Checkout as...' actions, also seems to work, as there are no error messages or, as far as I can tell, exceptions thrown when trying to create a checkout.
Also, the created checkouts appear on the file system, e.g. under ${workspace_loc}/../runtime-EclipseApplication-client-2/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.emf.cdo.explorer/co/9/checkout.properties:

#OnlineCDOCheckoutcheckout.properties
#Sun Nov 17 19:57:23 CET 2019
timeStamp=0
branchID=0
branchPath=MAIN
rootID=U_uO70gAlrEeqZTIJCXBPf-g
readOnly=false
label=Online Transactional Checkout (7)
type=online-transactional
repository=2

However, none of the created checkouts appear in the client's 'Project Explorer' view. The Project Explorer only ever shows "There are no projects in your workspace. To Add a project: Create a project... Import projects...".

Working with a newly created client-local repository created via the 'CDO Repositories' view, instead of the remote repository created in the tutorial, makes no difference. It also doesn't matter whether an online transactional, an online historical or an offline checkout is created.

I followed the tutorial using the current version of Eclipse Modeling Tools (2019-09 R (4.13.0), build 20190917-1200). The generated RCP client application uses Eclipse Platform (2019-09 (4.13), build I20190916-1045).

I am relatively new to Eclipse so the problem might have to do with some Eclipse setting I don't know.
I have, however, deactivated all filters for the Project Explorer and selected the 'CDO Checkouts' extension under 'Filters and Customization'/'Content'. Restarting the client application didn't make a difference.
Re: [CDO] Repository checkouts not visible in Project Explorer [message #1817428 is a reply to message #1817172] Fri, 22 November 2019 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Hi Christoph,

Sorry that it took a while. I overlooked your question.

What you describe seems to be a new effect. I can confirm that CDO checkouts visually disappear from the Project Explorer when the last "real" project is deleted from the workspace. And they re-appear when you create just a dummy workspace project. I have the feeling that it's related to the new "feature" of the Project Explorer that it displays this "There are no projects in your workspace..." page in the absence of (as it seems) physical workspace projects. Please submit a bugzilla against CDO, so that I can investigate more thoroughly.

Cheers
/Eike

Re: [CDO] Repository checkouts not visible in Project Explorer [message #1817433 is a reply to message #1817428] Fri, 22 November 2019 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please also see my comment https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=543746#c111

Re: [CDO] Repository checkouts not visible in Project Explorer [message #1817476 is a reply to message #1817172] Fri, 22 November 2019 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph Mack is currently offline Christoph MackFriend
Hi Eike,

I can confirm that creating a 'real' dummy project causes the checkouts to display correctly.

Thank you very much for bringing this to the platform bugzilla and submitting a patch so quickly.
Christoph
Re: [CDO] Repository checkouts not visible in Project Explorer [message #1817480 is a reply to message #1817476] Sat, 23 November 2019 08:15 Go to previous message
You're welcome! I'm very confident that one of the next Platform I-builds provides a fix for the problem ;-)

Previous Topic:ArchiveUrlConnection and Performance
Next Topic:[2.14] XML documentation language
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:18:47 GMT 2024