Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Git configuration - User Settings (git )
Git configuration - User Settings [message #1816643] Sun, 03 November 2019 16:39 Go to next message
Helen Keller is currently offline Helen KellerFriend
I am configuring Eclipse for "git" .
In User Settings I am supposedly to add e-mail and name , but it already contains strange data.
Could somebody tell me what is it for ?
See attached file.
Thanks
Re: Git configuration - User Settings [message #1816645 is a reply to message #1816643] Mon, 04 November 2019 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Eclipse git (EGit) is a project separate from CDT
go here: https://www.eclipse.org/egit/
links to documentation and support are in the upper right
Re: Git configuration - User Settings [message #1816707 is a reply to message #1816645] Tue, 05 November 2019 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
Internal data. Just click the "Add Entry..." button (not shown on your screenshot; on the right), enter "user.name" as key and "Helen Keller" as value; click OK. Repeat with key "user.email" and value your e-mail address, for instance h.keller@example.com.

The internal data should actually be stored somewhere else; that's JGit bug 551850.

BTW, why don't you attach screenshots as images? No need to post Word or PDF documents for screenshots, PNG files are fine and much easier to view.
Re: Git configuration - User Settings [message #1816717 is a reply to message #1816707] Tue, 05 November 2019 14:08 Go to previous message
Helen Keller is currently offline Helen KellerFriend
Thomas,
thanks for the reply.
Nice to know about that.
I did add the other entries without any issues.
I just wish these "3rd party" additions to Eclipse included SOME documentation.
This is a second "plug-in" lacking any documentation and it should be in Eclipse "foundation" interests to require documentation before such plug-in becomes part of the Eclipse IDE.
It gives Eclipse "Swiss army knife" bad reputation. ( But they don't seem to care , pity)

As far as posting images - I keep a log/ notes in LibreOfficeWriter format and that is not accepted file format. Also posting multiple images becomes awkward.
I often wonder why web sites will not accommodate "copy from clipboard" , that woudl be so much simple then shuffling the files.
Many thanks for your support.
Cheers
Vaclav

Previous Topic:Can I delete "refreshScope" configurations in the cproject?
Next Topic:Eclipse 4.11.0 crashing incorrect swt library version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:55:50 GMT 2024