Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Cross compiled binary doesn't work(The cross compiled binary with target as RaspberryPi is not working.)
Cross compiled binary doesn't work [message #1816595] Fri, 01 November 2019 06:07 Go to next message
Vishnu Easwaran E is currently offline Vishnu Easwaran EFriend
Hi everyone,

I have made a setup with a Pi zero W as the PLC ad have been playing with it for sometime. Yesterday, I tried creating a new FB, a basic FB- the exact same one as in the documentation and cross compiled forte for the first time. Till now I used to compile it within the Pi.

The cross compiled forte isn't working though! I guess this issue s somehow related to what I observed and posted in the forum a while back(link).

So, now as this is not working is there anyway to compile it within the Pi by making corresponding CMakeLists ??
Re: Cross compiled binary doesn't work [message #1816605 is a reply to message #1816595] Fri, 01 November 2019 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,
strange that cross compiling is not working here. Maybe the Pi Zero needs a special toolchain or special compiler/linker flags.

Yes you can compile also on your Pi. You need to have Cmake and the compilers setup there. Cmake is fully text configurable and command-line configurable. As starting point I would recommend to use the setup_posix.sh script, as it generates a base setup. You can then either change this script with your additional cmake options (look for the line where cmake is invoked) or after you have run the script you will find a CMakeCache.txt in your build directory. There you can also adjust all build options for 4diac.
Re: Cross compiled binary doesn't work [message #1816606 is a reply to message #1816605] Fri, 01 November 2019 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vishnu Easwaran E is currently offline Vishnu Easwaran EFriend
That could be the case. Regarding compiling in Pi, yes I have been doing the same till now. How to add the external modules is what I have to figure out.
Re: Cross compiled binary doesn't work [message #1816653 is a reply to message #1816606] Mon, 04 November 2019 08:47 Go to previous message
Jose Maria Jesus Cabral Lassalle is currently offline Jose Maria Jesus Cabral LassalleFriend
The RPi zero is Armv6 and has some issues when cross compiling. Check here for possible solutions:

https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/98142/is-there-a-way-to-cross-compile-for-armv6-using-gcc-7
Previous Topic:Improved OPC UA support for 4diac
Next Topic:Integrating into FreeRTOS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:46:24 GMT 2024