Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gendoc » Generate multiple Word files(Generate multiple Word files)
Generate multiple Word files [message #1816365] Mon, 28 October 2019 13:03 Go to next message
Jeff Tambouez is currently offline Jeff TambouezFriend
Hello,

I have a (EMF) model containing "WorkPackages" and I generate a table for each of them in a Word file.
I would like not to generate my tables in a single Word file, but splitted on a 1 word file per table basis (150 tables in my case).

Is that possible with Gendoc and, if so, how can I proceed ?

Many thanks in advance!

Re: Generate multiple Word files [message #1816501 is a reply to message #1816365] Wed, 30 October 2019 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
How do you run the generation, through gendoc menus or through something you hacked ?

Re: Generate multiple Word files [message #1816553 is a reply to message #1816501] Thu, 31 October 2019 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff Tambouez is currently offline Jeff TambouezFriend
Tristan Faure wrote on Wed, 30 October 2019 08:35
How do you run the generation, through gendoc menus or through something you hacked ?

hi,

Through the gendoc menu.
->Right clic on template and generate
Re: Generate multiple Word files [message #1816554 is a reply to message #1816553] Thu, 31 October 2019 09:26 Go to previous message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
OK and which editor are you using, I don't know if it still working but there was a feature on papyrus where you can run a generation from a model / package. Maybe you can test this or adapt to your editor

Maybe other gendoc team members have more insights ?

EDIT : found it if you want more information about wizard from selection :
https://git.eclipse.org/c/gendoc/org.eclipse.gendoc.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.gendoc.wizard/src/org/eclipse/gendoc/wizard/IGendocSelectionConverterRunner.java
and an implementation :
https://git.eclipse.org/c/gendoc/org.eclipse.gendoc.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.gendoc.wizard.papyrus/src/org/eclipse/gendoc/wizard/papyrus/PapyrusGendocRunner.java

but it seems it is also one file => one template

Regards

[Updated on: Thu, 31 October 2019 10:25]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Gendoc with Latex?
Next Topic:Word 2010 unable to open generated Documents
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:36:51 GMT 2024