Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Should I expect performance problems when aggregating on a scripted data source?
Should I expect performance problems when aggregating on a scripted data source? [message #1816100] Mon, 21 October 2019 09:16
Paul Ramsden is currently offline Paul RamsdenFriend
I am trying to rework some reports which were using a web service running on an IIS server. I want to shutdown the IIS server and have everything on a Tomcat server.

I thought it would be a good idea to implement the services in Java and call them as scripted data sources from Birt. I assumed this would be more efficient than calling a web service.

One report is a list of staff visiting a trade show. They must be grouped by department and I need to show group totals and grand totals for each day of the show. This is all done using Birt groups and aggregation.

This report is running extremely long and I can see that the script is getting called over 2000 times! Could this be due to the aggregation?

In the original report, the web service data source has an option to 'Fetch all rows from data source'. The scripted data source does not have this option. Could this be the caused of the difference between the 2 methods?

(Birt 3.7, Tomcat 8.5, Java 1.8)

[Updated on: Mon, 21 October 2019 09:22]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Spudsoft Excel Emitter documentation?
Next Topic:BIRT Error "The property editor is not available."
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:16:46 GMT 2024