Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Spudsoft Excel Emitter documentation?(Where can I find documentation on how to control the Spudsoft Excel emitter output?)
Spudsoft Excel Emitter documentation? [message #1816081] Sat, 19 October 2019 20:29
James Clark is currently offline James ClarkFriend
I have a couple complex BIRT reports authored in an earlier version of BIRT with a targeted Excel *.xls output format.

The same reports run in the BIRT v4.7 environment produce unacceptable Excel *.xlsx output format when run as-is:
* Page breaks seem to cause output to a new worksheet.
* An embedded table within a table cell merges all cells together.

I'm thinking that I might be able to salvage my legacy reports by tweaking output with UserProperties and such.

I could utilize multiple worksheets within a workbook, but can I name the worksheets to something other than "Sheet0", "Sheet1", etc.?
Is there a way to control when new worksheets are created?
For instance, I'd like to have one report output multiple tables, one table per worksheet, without creating a new worksheet on page breaks in each individual table. Is this possible?

Please help!

[Updated on: Sun, 20 October 2019 12:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problem with date parameters "Cannot set the date value (2019-10-17 00:00) to parameter 1"
Next Topic:Should I expect performance problems when aggregating on a scripted data source?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 23:33:29 GMT 2024