Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » XMOS xTime, include problem on macOS 10.14(Compiler include files not working.)
XMOS xTime, include problem on macOS 10.14 [message #1815570] Sat, 05 October 2019 16:31
James Rankin is currently offline James RankinFriend
All,

I develop a lot of code based on custom versions of Eclipse. About 5 months ago my MacBook Pro had a battery problem. It was covered but I figured ok get a new one and so I did and everything transfered fine. But I have this annoying problem now with my XMOS workplace that I have narrowed down to I think an Eclipse problem.

XMOS canned software for their USB Audio controllers has a long list of ifdef, else endif to account for the various configurations the developer wants to take. On the old MacBook Pro this all worked fine. But for some reason on the new MacBook Pro the declarations don't see to work and it's really weird.

For example there are two header files that determine the configuration. There is a default (devicedefines.h) and a custom (customdefines.h). The device defines file basically sets defaults for all the ifdefs in the project. But at the top of that file is the include for the customdefines.h so those take precedence.

For example I have the following statement in my customdefines.h

#define AUDIO_CLASS (2)

In the devicesdefines.h the following appears and this would be after customdefines.h is loaded.

#ifndef AUDIO_CLASS
#define AUDIO_CLASS (1)
#endif

This tells the XMOS compiler to run the USB module at High Speed instead of Full Speed.

The problem is in main that code is defaulting to Full Speed instead of High Speed.

The project compiles fine it just won't work because of this and other things that are being ignored.

In researching this I put the following in the main source code to see what happens.

#define AUDIO_CLASS (2)

The code goes to High Speed, BUT!!! gives me a warning now.

'AUDIO_CLASS' macro redefined app_usb_aud_xu208_xhra line 329, external location: /Users/gordonrankin/XMOS3x/X3UAC2/sc_usb_audio/module_usb_audio/main.xc C/C++ Problem

The code doesn't work though because the entire package needs to see the correct defines or else it won't work.

Anyone have any ideas? XMOS doesn't have a clue.

Thanks,
Gordon
Previous Topic:fatal error: inter-module optimizations not implemented for C++
Next Topic:Eclipse Plugin - Save settings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:13:03 GMT 2024