Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » On the immediate future of the MoDisco project
On the immediate future of the MoDisco project [message #1815449] Thu, 03 October 2019 04:27 Go to next message
Fabien Giquel is currently offline Fabien GiquelFriend
Dear MoDisco users,

You may have noticed that the Modisco project has been less and less active over the past few years because of limited resources from our side (e.g. no enhancement commits since two years). For this reason, we already exited from the release train in 2019-03 to save the SimRel effort. Now we think of proposing to terminate and archive the project, unless an interested party expresses interest in investing on the project (i.e providing development/release engineering resources, planning for new features , etc.).
If this is the case, please let us know quickly in the coming weeks.

Best regards,

Fabien GIQUEL (co-lead)
Hugo BRUNELIERE (co-lead)
Re: On the immediate future of the MoDisco project [message #1815492 is a reply to message #1815449] Thu, 03 October 2019 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel San Martín is currently offline Daniel San MartínFriend
Hello,

This news is very disappointment but if there are not resources nothing can be done. A lot of open source projects end up in the same way.

What I am concerned is that several researches related with ADM-KDM depends on this tool. In fact, I do not know an open source replacement of MoDisco and I know that is a great effort implement this kind of tools.

Hopefully others can continue improve MoDisco and deliver a great product as it used to be.

Regards,

Daniel
Re: On the immediate future of the MoDisco project [message #1817349 is a reply to message #1815492] Wed, 20 November 2019 19:33 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

MoDisco is being rescued and should rejoin SimRel for 2019-12M3. It is however on life support, so for non-trivial evolution the community needs to step up. Significant contributors will of course be eligible to become committers and even project leader.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Extracting the parameters from (Calls)
Next Topic:MoDisco 1.5.1M2 amputations - UML2 and BIRT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:01:29 GMT 2024