Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gendoc » GenDoc problems (noob)
GenDoc problems (noob) [message #1814930] Mon, 23 September 2019 07:00 Go to next message
Joel Greenyer is currently offline Joel GreenyerFriend
Hi,
I'm testing Gendoc, aiming to generate word docs based on UML+Papyrus models. After running into problems there, I decided to try the sample project here:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Gendoc/samples/genericTemplate

And ran intro problems there as well:

file containing properties : /template/conf.properties does not exist
The execution of a script failed: The model Model can not be loaded from URL: "" can not be loaded

It seems that it cannot load the conf.properties file, but it is clearly there, at <project-root>/template/conf.properties

Some details about my installation that could be relevant:
- Eclipse: 2019-06
- Acceleo 3.7.8.201902261618
- EMF - Eclipse Modeling Framework SDK 2.18.0.v20190528-0845
- Gendoc 0.7.2.201904251202
- Papyrus bundle for Gendoc 0.7.2.201904251202

Any ideas what could cause the problem or what I could try instead?
Thanks,

Joel
Re: GenDoc problems (noob) [message #1814936 is a reply to message #1814930] Mon, 23 September 2019 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
Hello
indeed it is a strange behavior. Can you copy paste the content of the error log view (Window > Views > Show > Error log) ?

Re: GenDoc problems (noob) [message #1814941 is a reply to message #1814936] Mon, 23 September 2019 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Tristan,

I noticed that the problem only occurs when I run gendoc in a runtime instance of eclipse, which is use to test another unrelated plugin. The problem does not occur in the base eclipse workspace! I can't think of a reason why there is a problem in the a runtime workspace. But that's partly good news and I can use Gendoc that way.

Nevertheless, here are the error log entries. It simply states that conf.properties does not exist... Does that help you spot the problem?

!ENTRY org.eclipse.gendoc.services 4 4 2019-09-23 11:16:53.117
!MESSAGE file containing properties : /template/conf.properties does not exist

!ENTRY org.eclipse.gendoc.services 4 4 2019-09-23 11:16:53.161
!MESSAGE The execution of a script failed: The model Model can not be loaded from URL: "" can not be loaded
org.eclipse.gendoc.services.exception.ModelNotFoundException: The model Model can not be loaded from URL: "" can not be loaded
at org.eclipse.gendoc.tags.handlers.impl.context.EMFModelLoaderService.getModel(EMFModelLoaderService.java:205)

2. ALSO When invoking the context menu (right click on docx file), I get

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2019-09-23 11:16:47.532
!MESSAGE Failed to evaluate: WithExpression [variable=activeMenuSelection, children=[IterateExpression [type=OR, children=[<test property="open" value="true" plug-in activation: lazy/>, <test property="isDirty" value="true" plug-in activation: lazy/>]]]]
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: No property tester contributes a property org.eclipse.emf.ecp.core.project.open to type class org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.TypeExtensionManager.getProperty(TypeExtensionManager.java:130)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.TestExpression.evaluate(TestExpression.java:100)

Re: GenDoc problems (noob) [message #1814942 is a reply to message #1814941] Mon, 23 September 2019 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
I noticed that the problem only occurs when I run gendoc in a runtime instance of eclipse, which is use to test another unrelated plugin. The problem does not occur in the base eclipse workspace! I can't think of a reason why there is a problem in the a runtime workspace. But that's partly good news and I can use Gendoc that way.

Glad to know you would be able to use Gendoc :) just for information in which context will you use it ? for which language?

Quote:
Nevertheless, here are the error log entries. It simply states that conf.properties does not exist... Does that help you spot the problem?

I never tested the sample project in runtime, I think it uses variables that are not recognized. (Maybe you can try to replace in the docx the path of your properties file with an absolute path)

Re: GenDoc problems (noob) [message #1814955 is a reply to message #1814942] Mon, 23 September 2019 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Tristan,
It seems that the relevant difference in the two workspaces was not that one was a runtime workspace and the other not---it was rather because I imported the project from the zip file in two different ways.
1. Import -> Import projects from folder or archive
vs.
2. Import -> Existing projects into workspace.

The first method created a path
.../SampleGendocProject.zip_expanded/SampleProject/...

whereas the second method created simply ...//SampleProject/...

Probably something in the path was problematic? I don't have time to investigate more deeply now.

Regarding your question: I'm planning to generate documentation based on UML+Papyrus diagrams. (Component, class, sequence diagrams)

Re: GenDoc problems (noob) [message #1814963 is a reply to message #1814955] Mon, 23 September 2019 13:36 Go to previous message
Hello
OK I understand ! Project loc is If I remember transformed according to the workspace path
When you do " 2. Import -> Existing projects into workspace." you did not check the option "copy" ?

Maybe you should try other variables ?

Previous Topic:Gendoc Relase Roadmap update
Next Topic:memory leak
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:53:24 GMT 2024