Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Maven's error(Non-resolvable parent POM)
Maven's error [message #1814906] Sun, 22 September 2019 12:05 Go to next message
Rumen Seglinsh is currently offline Rumen SeglinshFriend
Good afternoon!

Recently, I ran into a problem that I can't solve for a month. When I upload my repository, I get an error in all projects with their pom.xml files.

Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM for (Here is the repository address):jse8:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT: Failure to transfer (Here is the repository address):jse8-root:pom:1.0.0 from https://(Site)/nexus/repository/public/ was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of nexus-java has elapsed or updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer artifact (Here is the repository address):jse8-root:pom:1.0.0 from/to nexus-java (https://(Site)/nexus/repository/public/): sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM

I would be grateful for your help. Thank you in advance!
Re: Maven's error [message #1814975 is a reply to message #1814906] Mon, 23 September 2019 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the pom.xml file, the error refers to the <parent> line at the beginning:
<parent>
<groupId>(site)</groupId>
<artifactId>jse8-root</artifactId>
<version>1.0.0</version>
</parent>

[Updated on: Mon, 23 September 2019 15:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Maven's error [message #1814982 is a reply to message #1814975] Mon, 23 September 2019 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
If you Google the error " sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification" you'll find this always boils down to the version of Java you have installed not recognizing the certificate used by the server to which you are trying to connect. Using a newer version of Java most often helps (because it will have newer root certificates in its store. Failing that you have to do some horrible complicated stuff to add a root certificate to the existing Java installation's certificate store. You'll find details via Google.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Maven's error [message #1815032 is a reply to message #1814982] Tue, 24 September 2019 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks wrote on Mon, 23 September 2019 16:27
If you Google the error " sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification" you'll find this always boils down to the version of Java you have installed not recognizing the certificate used by the server to which you are trying to connect. Using a newer version of Java most often helps (because it will have newer root certificates in its store. Failing that you have to do some horrible complicated stuff to add a root certificate to the existing Java installation's certificate store. You'll find details via Google.

Good afternoon! I also thought that the problem was with the certificate, however I have the latest version of Java installed. At the same time, I deleted the required certificate, and then reinstalled it.
Re: Maven's error [message #1815035 is a reply to message #1815032] Tue, 24 September 2019 15:54 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
This is not a JDT problem in any case and it's definitely a problem with root certificates like this one:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21076179/pkix-path-building-failed-and-unable-to-find-valid-certification-path-to-requ

No matter which version of Java you have installed, that's not necessarily going to fix the problem; the only way to fix it is by ensuring that the actual Java installation that is used to run Eclipse has the necessary root certificate. Any failure of this sort is a direct indication that the root certificate is not recognized by your Java installation.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:How can I specify particular annotation processors to run in javac?
Next Topic:Cannot set Java Breakpoints
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:06:36 GMT 2024