Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » HOWTO on separating EMF model into its own Xcore project?
HOWTO on separating EMF model into its own Xcore project? [message #1814456] Wed, 11 September 2019 16:23
Matthew T. Adams is currently offline Matthew T. AdamsFriend

Hi,

I'm looking to maintain my EMF models in projects completely independent of my xtext projects.

I currently have my EMF models as .ecore & .genmodel files within my core project (the one that contains my .xtext & .mwe2 files), and everything is working fine, including the maven build. Now, I want to create a new, model-only project to contain my EMF models separately from the projects that xtext created (because we intend to use those models elsewhere), then have the core project reference the model-only project. Further, as part of this effort so far, using Xcore would be fine, as long as I can generate the .ecore & .genmodel files from my .xcore file.

Is there a HOWTO for having a separate Xcore project (including a maven pom.xml) that generates .ecore, .genmodel & java sources from my .xcore files, then having my core project reference the xcore project's artifacts? If there's not a HOWTO, it'd be great if someone could give me the steps required.

Thanks,
Matthew
Previous Topic:Define a grammar to force the user to enter a new line for every new entry in DSl editor
Next Topic:Xtend validation a unique MAC address value in language
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:35:10 GMT 2024