Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » IMethod.getParameterTypes() - Source vs Binary method signatures
IMethod.getParameterTypes() - Source vs Binary method signatures [message #1814266] Sat, 07 September 2019 10:40 Go to next message
Alex Mising name is currently offline Alex Mising nameFriend
Hello,

When I call getParameterTypes() on SOURCE methods, I get signature types where for example "java.lang.String" shows up as "QString".

This does not happen forBINARY methods where this shows up as a regular "java.lang.String".

Is there a way to get this kind of signature for source methods? I would like to always get the behaviour of binary methods (i.e. "java.lang.String")
Re: IMethod.getParameterTypes() - Source vs Binary method signatures [message #1814280 is a reply to message #1814266] Sun, 08 September 2019 14:11 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
For binary methods the fully qualified name comes for free (it's directly found in the byte code).

For source methods the light-weight Java Model does not directly provide this information. You have two options:
- go through ASTParser.createBindings() to obtain the bindings with full resolved type names, or
- try using IType.resolveType(), but you may have to first call Signature.toString(type) to get rid of the "Q...;" part

If you are dealing with many types, then surely the approach using ASTParser.createBindings() performs better, as it can compute many bindings in one go.

HTH

Previous Topic:Type and Method binding not working properly in some cases
Next Topic:Save/restore project settings from team(git) repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 02:32:30 GMT 2024