Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Save/restore project settings from team(git) repository
Save/restore project settings from team(git) repository [message #1814184] Thu, 05 September 2019 10:48 Go to next message
Vadim Lotarev is currently offline Vadim LotarevFriend
Dear guru,

I am working on the product with many supported versions. Each version is stored in separate repository branch. Some of them are pretty old so should be compiled with old version of JVM, also other project specific settings may be applied. From time to time I need to propagate some changes to old versions so I need to change project (or run configuration) settings in order to compile the project. It's very annoying :-) I am just wondering whether is it possible to save somehow project (or run configuration) settings in the repository in order to restore them each time when corresponding branch is checked out.

Thanks in advance,
Vadim
Re: Save/restore project settings from team(git) repository [message #1814342 is a reply to message #1814184] Mon, 09 September 2019 22:17 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Eclipse stores all project specific settings in a folder called .settings. If you persist this together with .project and .classpath in your source repository, checking out a branch should take you to pretty exactly that state where you left it.
Also launch configurations can be stored in the project, see the option "Shared file" at https://help.eclipse.org/2019-06/topic/org.eclipse.jdt.doc.user/reference/ref-launchconfiguration-commontab.htm?cp=1_4_2_0
Previous Topic:IMethod.getParameterTypes() - Source vs Binary method signatures
Next Topic:How to add a custom launcher to a perspective
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:49:37 GMT 2024