Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Programmaticaly changing location and size of diagram elements(Chaning location and size of a diagram element while the diagram is opend freezes the Program)
Programmaticaly changing location and size of diagram elements [message #1811181] Wed, 28 August 2019 09:11 Go to next message
Sebastian Rebmann is currently offline Sebastian RebmannFriend
Hi,

i try to programmaticaly change the size and the location of a specific diagram element while the diagram is opened in a editor. For this i use a Recording Command and the setLayoutContraints method of nodes. Sadly if the command get executed the whole Eclipse ide freezes, it looks like a Deadlock occurs if the transaction of the changes should be commited. Does anyone got a idea how to avoid this?

For any advice i would be thankful
Sebastian
Re: Programmaticaly changing location and size of diagram elements [message #1814164 is a reply to message #1811181] Thu, 05 September 2019 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Fasani is currently offline Laurent FasaniFriend
Hi,

If you intend to make a fonctionality of your own to make some layout on you diagram elements, the best wat i see would be to add a tool in your palette and then the code would be executed in proper condition. (Just do a tool with changecontext operation that will just call a service : aql:self->DoMyJob)

Regards
Laurent

Laurent Fasani - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Programmaticaly changing location and size of diagram elements [message #1833424 is a reply to message #1811181] Mon, 12 October 2020 21:06 Go to previous message
David Bunay is currently offline David BunayFriend
Hi can you put your code please? I want to do the same please help , Thank you
Previous Topic:Reconnect Edge Tool - What is the Variable for "the previous target"?
Next Topic:Delete Edge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:41:45 GMT 2024