Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » User Specified Entries in XML Catalog Are Ignored(New versions of Eclipse seem to ignore dtds added to XML Catalog)
User Specified Entries in XML Catalog Are Ignored [message #1810914] Thu, 22 August 2019 00:44
Neil Harrison is currently offline Neil HarrisonFriend
I have been using Eclipse Mars to manage and edit DITA files.

I installed Eclipse 2019-06 and tried to set it up to do the same, but it seems to ignore the DITA dtds. For example, when creating a new file ([New], [Other], [XML File]), I can only specify "xml" as the file extension in the [New XML File] window. In Mars, I can specify "dita" as the file extension here.

In Eclipse 2019-06, if I specify "xml" as the file extension and click through to [Select DTD File], [Select Catalog Entry], I can see the DITA DTD files in the list. I also confirmed that the file [user_catalog.xml] with the dtds listed up is created exactly as in Mars.

Also in Eclipse 2019-06, the Eclipse XML Editor does not recognise the dtds when I open an existing dita file.

I went back through other versions of Eclipse and found that up to Photon, the DITA dtds are recognised as in Mars. From Eclipse 2018-09, the dtds are ignored as above.

What must I do to get Eclipse to recognise the dtds?

Thanks,
Neil.
Previous Topic:Eclipse won't install - JRE detection failure (Windows)
Next Topic:Overriding New Wizard Tag label
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 22 18:47:11 GMT 2024