Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » integrating custom help on click of next and previous in custom spring boot wizard( integrating custom help on click of next and previous in custom spring boot wizard)
integrating custom help on click of next and previous in custom spring boot wizard [message #1810376] Fri, 09 August 2019 03:51 Go to next message
Bhavi Singla is currently offline Bhavi SinglaFriend
Hi,

I have a custom wizard project which converts monolithic applications to microservice and extends spring boot wizard.My page extends WizardPage and I have overridden performHelp method to open the static help page in browser on click of "?".
Now, I want to integrate the dynamic help(as it occurs in all projects of eclipse) on click of next and previous in new custom wizard i.e. if I click "?" on first page,relevant content should be displayed,on clicking next and on click of "?" on that page specific content should be displayed.

Also,extension points used in my custom project are:

org.eclipse.ui.commands
org.eclipse.ui.handlers
org.eclipse.ui.menus

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Bhavi
Re: integrating custom help on click of next and previous in custom spring boot wizard [message #1810380 is a reply to message #1810376] Fri, 09 August 2019 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rahul Upadhyay is currently offline Rahul UpadhyayFriend
Dynamic help link integration can be performed through extension point.

In your wizard "?" action you have to create one scope under which your help content can be populated. As soon as you click on question mark it will populate your specific content in help page.
Re: integrating custom help on click of next and previous in custom spring boot wizard [message #1810443 is a reply to message #1810380] Mon, 12 August 2019 06:52 Go to previous message
Bhavi Singla is currently offline Bhavi SinglaFriend
Can you please let me know the following things
a) which extension point is required in this case
b) sample code for creating scope
c) how to populate custom content on click of "next" and "previous" in the wizard page
Previous Topic:Problem using new transient ui element feature
Next Topic:e4 Switch perspectives
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:19:25 GMT 2024