Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Problem with the correct definition of a propertyTester
Problem with the correct definition of a propertyTester [message #1810328] Thu, 08 August 2019 06:29 Go to next message
Eric Girardello is currently offline Eric GirardelloFriend
Hi,

I have a problem with the definition of the extensions in the plugin.xml.
We use the Eclipse RCP Framework in Version 3. In my application, I created multiple views with the same primary id and different secondary ids. The possible values of the secondary ids are determent by a dynamic list, so that's nothing static or predictable. Each view has a toolbar of the same kind with a few buttons. The buttons should be enabled or disabled depending on the status of the view. For that, I have a handler which has an enabledWhen with a propertyTester.

My Problem here is how could I get the actual view, where the button belongs? All I could get is the currently active view.

Does anybody have an idea, how to solve this?

Thanks.
Eric

[Updated on: Wed, 14 August 2019 09:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with the correct definition of a propertyTester [message #1811016 is a reply to message #1810328] Fri, 23 August 2019 17:34 Go to previous message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi Eric,

In the execute method of the handler you can use HandlerUtil to get the view id.

Is this what you mean?

Cheers,

Wim

https://help.eclipse.org/photon/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Fworkbench_cmd_handlers.htm
Previous Topic:RCP Mac Build issues - You can't open the application "Eclipse" because it may be damaged
Next Topic:Additional plugins as required plugins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:04:43 GMT 2024