Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Project Open Declaration Multiple Issues(Getting Different Errors for C++ and Java Open Declaration Actions)
Project Open Declaration Multiple Issues [message #1810297] Tue, 06 August 2019 23:23 Go to next message
Russell West is currently offline Russell WestFriend
Using Luna version of Eclipse I have created a project by importing two previously existing Git repositories. Such repositories contain C++ and Java code, with C++ code contained in a package src directory and Java code contained in same package java directory. When I select a method name in a C++ file and then attempt to perform an Open Declaration operation the error "Could not find symbol '...' in index" is displayed. When I select a method name in a Java file and then attempt to perform an Open Declaration operation the error workbox "Problems opening an editor. Reason: [repo-name] does not exist" is presented. I have tried various suggestions on the internet with no success and most answers I have found on the internet are not associated with imported Git repositories into a project.
Re: Project Open Declaration Multiple Issues [message #1810358 is a reply to message #1810297] Thu, 08 August 2019 18:16 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

What is "[repo-name]"? And were these already set up as Eclipse projects, with the .project and associated files commited to
Git? If not, there's a lot of setup information missing that's needed for that kind of functionality to work.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Error while Running Eclipse
Next Topic:Jetty : Dynamically changing the error page for form authenticator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:02:14 GMT 2024