Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Targetting a binary method
Targetting a binary method [message #1810245] Mon, 05 August 2019 21:21 Go to next message
Alex Mising name is currently offline Alex Mising nameFriend
Hello,

In my plugin I am able to open the Java editor on a method with:

IMethod method = // ...
IMarker marker = method.getResource().createMarker(IMarker.TEXT);
	marker.setAttribute(IMarker.CHAR_START, method.getSourceRange().getOffset());
	marker.setAttribute(IMarker.CHAR_END, method.getSourceRange().getOffset());
IDE.openEditor(PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getActivePage(), marker);

Now, sometimes the method I am targetting is a BinaryMethod inside some JAR of the classpath.

How can I open the class editor (especially when there are sources attached) targetting a binary method? (similar to how JDT does when you Ctrl-click into a method for some maven dependency with attached sources).
Re: Targetting a binary method [message #1810261 is a reply to message #1810245] Tue, 06 August 2019 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay Arthanareeswaran is currently offline Jay ArthanareeswaranFriend
Please refer to the org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility#openInEditor(Object inputElement, boolean activate).
I am not an expert here, but this is what is invoked when you open the class file with source attachment in the Java editor.
Re: Targetting a binary method [message #1810279 is a reply to message #1810261] Tue, 06 August 2019 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Mising name is currently offline Alex Mising nameFriend
Hello Jay,

Can you by any chance point me to the JDT class that has this code so that I may read it?

Thanks,
Alex
Re: Targetting a binary method [message #1810293 is a reply to message #1810279] Tue, 06 August 2019 15:51 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
https://git.eclipse.org/c/jdt/eclipse.jdt.ui.git/tree/org.eclipse.jdt.ui/ui/org/eclipse/jdt/internal/ui/javaeditor/EditorUtility.java

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:GWT Designer in Eclipse 2019-06 (4.12.0)
Next Topic:How to compile patched modules on JDK 9+ by passing the --patch-module option to my project compiler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:23:53 GMT 2024