Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » BIRT 2.5.1 (BMC version)(Data element works but building a new data element is not working)
BIRT 2.5.1 (BMC version) [message #1810040] Mon, 29 July 2019 18:58 Go to next message
Bruce Steinberg is currently offline Bruce SteinbergFriend
Hi all,

not sure where to post this question.

I use BMC BIRT 2.5.1 version and overall have had the same icky struggles as anyone else.

however, I am trying to figure out why in a Grid, bound to the table, when I use the data element from my dataset the data returns, when I manipulate the data field from the dataset, it works....

But when I try to take another DATA object from the palette and mimic the exact same code except I need it to evaluate a different qualification.

However, when I apply the object to the grid, the data does not return, but the original dataset field does??

Grid, with four sections (so far)
Another Grid inside each of the sections
Each section is pointed to its own table with a parameter value to tie them all together.
The rest of the report works.

This is the code in the field that comes directly from the data set (edited expression)

if(BirtComp.equalTo(dataSetRow["Factor__c"],"(b4) Retrofit Kits for Operations Systems")) {
dataSetRow["50a_Non-Recurring"];
} else {
'5.00'
}

Thanks for any assistance.

Bruce
Re: BIRT 2.5.1 (BMC version) [message #1810094 is a reply to message #1810040] Tue, 30 July 2019 17:40 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
it's probably best to ask on the BIRT forum: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/eclipse.birt

Previous Topic:Can't run Kotlin tests with Junit run configuration (used to work)
Next Topic:Eclipse IDE for Java Developers - installation problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Oct 21 04:58:01 GMT 2019