Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Pull Issue(Pull taking long time to complete)
Pull Issue [message #1809872] Thu, 25 July 2019 08:01 Go to next message
manish  payasi is currently offline manish payasiFriend
I am using org.eclipse.jgit(vesrion 4.11.0.201803080745-r)in my java application.
If the remote repository is huge then it takes a long time to pull the files in my local repository, around 5-6 minutes.

I already cloned git repository in my local machine. After some times(2-3 hours) I hit pull process it takes a long time to finish the process even though nothing new in the git repo. Once pull is done and again If I hit pull, it works fine.
Clone is also taking time but that is fine because that is huge repo to clone for the first time.

Note: I am using an SSH connection to perform all git operations.

Could you review below code to see pull logic in my application and help me resolve the issue?

FileRepositoryBuilder builder = new FileRepositoryBuilder();
Repository repository =builder.setWorkTree(sourceFolderFile).readEnvironment().build();

Git git = new Git(repository);

git.checkout().setName(branch);

if (config.getGitHubConnectionType().equalsIgnoreCase("ssh")) {
      GitSSHConfigSessionFactory sshSessionFactory = new GitSSHConfigSessionFactory(config.getGitHubPrivateKeyFilePath(),config.getGitHubPassphrase(),String.valueOf(config.getGitStrictHostKeyCheck()));
      SshSessionFactory.setInstance(sshSessionFactory);
     git.pull().setTransportConfigCallback(new TransportConfigCallback() {
            @Override
           public void configure(Transport transport) {
                                        SshTransport sshTransport = (SshTransport) transport;
                                        sshTransport.setSshSessionFactory(sshSessionFactory);
           }
     }).call();
}
Re: Pull Issue [message #1810137 is a reply to message #1809872] Thu, 01 August 2019 08:34 Go to previous message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
Maybe if you displayed the PullResult that might give you an idea why it sometimes takes long. Maybe it has to pull a lot.

You also seem to be using your own SSH session factory, maybe something is wrong in there.
Previous Topic:LFS problems
Next Topic:Can't get signing to work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 09 20:25:02 GMT 2019