Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » ResourceCopyTask does not always run
ResourceCopyTask does not always run [message #1809810] Tue, 23 July 2019 19:15 Go to next message
Mario Jauvin is currently offline Mario JauvinFriend
I defined the following compound task:

<setupTask
          xsi:type="setup:CompoundTask"
          filter="(lombok.installed=true)"
          name="Lombok Support">
        <setupTask
            xsi:type="setup:VariableTask"
            name="lombok.version"
            value="1.18.8"/>
        <setupTask
            xsi:type="setup:ResourceCopyTask"
            sourceURL="http://my-server/lombok/${lombok.version}/lombok-${lombok.version}.jar"
            targetURL="${installation.location|uri}/eclipse/lombok-${lombok.version}.jar"/>
        <setupTask
            xsi:type="setup:EclipseIniTask"
            option="-javaagent:"
            value="${installation.location}/eclipse/lombok-${lombok.version}.jar"
            vm="true"/>
      </setupTask>

When the lombok.installed variable is true in my user.setup before running the Eclipse installer all three task in the compound task will run at bootstrap. If I set the lombok.installed variable to false before running the Eclipse installer than none of the task in the compound task will run. So far the behaviour I get is what is expected and desired. If after installing with lombok.installed = false I then update the user.setup to set lombok.installed to true, then when I restart the previouls installed eclipse, only two of the three task in the compound task will run, namely the variable task and the eclipse ini task. This is a problem as the resource copy task does not run and the setup editor says that triggers=BOOTSTRAP STARTUP MANUAL. What am I doing wrong?

[Updated on: Tue, 23 July 2019 19:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ResourceCopyTask does not always run [message #1809815 is a reply to message #1809810] Tue, 23 July 2019 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mario Jauvin is currently offline Mario JauvinFriend
I noticed that setting the resource copy as a predecessor to the eclipse ini task corrected this problem. The order should not be a criteria for triggering or not a task. This seems to be a bug.
Re: ResourceCopyTask does not always run [message #1809821 is a reply to message #1809815] Wed, 24 July 2019 02:58 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It's hard to say without a simple example to reproduce it. It's hard to imagine how order would have an impact because filtering happens very early in the process. Also you mention that two of the three tasks run so it sounds like the filtering properly included the compound task's children. Of course the resource copy task could be present but disabled because the target resource already exists.

It's might be better if you gave the variable task itself installation scope so that it's stored in the Installation.setup (but that shouldn't fundamentally change the behavior either).

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Open a file during the setup
Next Topic:Installing JEE 2019-06 version fails - FileNotFoundException: http://mirror.library.ucy.ac.cy/eclip
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 08:40:53 GMT 2024