Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » Forwarding Request MQTT(Using a central broker. All MN's an IN's connect through a central broker )
Forwarding Request MQTT [message #1809627] Fri, 19 July 2019 06:14 Go to next message
Jagan  Nehra is currently offline Jagan NehraFriend
Hi all,

I want to send a request to IN-CSE using middle nodes MN-CSE's. But all IN-CSE and MN-CSE's are connected via central broker. For AE, what is the target id. It will be the MN-CSE id or IN-CSE id. Because IN also connected/subscribed at broker. When i will publish for MN and then MN will publish for IN. I think, it's a west of time or sources but when i will directly publish for IN-CSE then i will lost forwarding topology. Give me opinion what can i do for handle forwarding request cases using MQTT binding.
Re: Forwarding Request MQTT [message #1809660 is a reply to message #1809627] Fri, 19 July 2019 14:02 Go to previous message
Guillaume Garzone is currently offline Guillaume GarzoneFriend
Hello,

Actually, the communication protocol can be considered independently of the oneM2M topology of your system. If you need to instantiate multiple MN-CSEs you can do so. They will register to the IN-CSE etc. using the communication protocol you want.
After that, your CSEs may communicate through HTTP or MQTT...

In your case you can still deploy a oneM2M topology using several CSEs regardless of their communication protocol.
However, if you don't need to use several CSEs you can deploy your whole system on one CSE.
It really depends of your use case and if you need/want to deploy a oneM2M architecture with several CSEs or not.

In both cases, the system will behave the same way: if you register an AE on one MN-CSE, you can address it through requests sent to the IN. The oneM2M protocol will be in charge of forwarding the request to the right CSE (the target id should start with the targeted CSE).
In MQTT, this will be included in the topics used to post your requests: the request needs to be sent to the IN-CSE but should target the CSE hosting the resource you want to reach.
Check this link if you need more information on how to address your CSE https://wiki.eclipse.org/OM2M/one/MQTT_Binding#MQTT_Topic and the oneM2M TS-0010.

Hope this helps
Previous Topic:Discovery API
Next Topic:Subscribe to MN-CSE CIN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:50:32 GMT 2024