Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Unable to start eclipse(When I try to start eclipse, it stops after few minutes and I get the following message in a log file in config folder - java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench")
Unable to start eclipse [message #1809032] Sat, 06 July 2019 16:17 Go to next message
Joy Kundu is currently offline Joy KunduFriend
Eclipse - eclipse-jee-photon-R-win32-x86_64
JDK - jdk-12 (I installed this one after I found that older jdk(1.6) was in Program Files (x86) folder and 32 bit, also I was getting another error earlier and found that the Java and Eclipse had to match, i.e. both 64 bit)

Full error -

java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench" could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner, org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.console.profile.StorageFileEditor, org.eclipse.emf.codegen.CodeGen, org.eclipse.emf.codegen.JMerger, org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.Generator, org.eclipse.emf.importer.ecore.Ecore2GenModel, org.eclipse.emf.importer.java.Java2GenModel, org.eclipse.emf.importer.rose.Rose2GenModel, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error, org.eclipse.help.base.infocenterApplication, org.eclipse.help.base.helpApplication, org.eclipse.help.base.indexTool, org.eclipse.jdt.apt.core.aptBuild, org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCodeFormatter, org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaIndexer, org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core.JavaCodeFormatter, org.eclipse.wst.server.preview.preview.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:248)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:567)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:656)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:592)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1498)

I checked for this error and found that following plug-ins had to be added -
org.eclipse.core.net
org.eclipse.ui.ide.application
but I already found them present in the plugins folder. I checked for Eclipse Photon and found that we can use Java 8 or newer, so not sure why the error is still coming. Any suggestion/help is appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Unable to start eclipse [message #1809033 is a reply to message #1809032] Sat, 06 July 2019 16:20 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Java 9 made a lot of changes, as did every following release. Use a version contemporary with Java 12 like the current one, 2019-06, instead of one that's a year old like Photon.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Sat, 06 July 2019 16:21]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Add reference Eclipse acute?
Next Topic:Eclipse editor removing tabs/indentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:44:57 GMT 2024