Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » ARM Debugging in Eclipse OSX!!!
ARM Debugging in Eclipse OSX!!! [message #1808911] Thu, 04 July 2019 10:25 Go to next message
roy mickson is currently offline roy micksonFriend
Hello all, I hope someone can help me. I am running Kepler on my Mac OSX latest OS version. I have installed the CDT package as well as many ARM toolchains but currently using the gcc-arm-non-eabi- one. The problem is that while the code compiles a debug session, when I try to debug the following message is produced:
"Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
tbreak main
Error message from debugger back end:tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/

Cannot access memory at address 0x800030a
Cannot access memory at address 0x800030a"
I am using the Segger J-link applications as well as a Segger JTAG debugger, the target is the NXP LPC 1768. I suspect the problem here is in the debugger end of my setup but when running the jlink utilities by themselves, they seem to work properly. Can someone help me decode what the MI command is? I suspect that whatever it is it is not compatible with my setup.
I apologize in advance for the newbie question.
regards,

[Updated on: Thu, 04 July 2019 20:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ARM Debugging in Eclipse OSX!!! [message #1808934 is a reply to message #1808911] Thu, 04 July 2019 16:51 Go to previous message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
If I were you, I'd first try the arm-none-eabi-gdb with Segger from outside of Eclipse.

For details, see remote debugging from the GDB manual.

MI is 'Machine Interface' between Eclipse and gdb, but it seems that your problem is between GDB and the hardware, either GDB to Segger or Segger to hardware.

Sorry, my setup uses a different JTAG adapter, so I cannot provide more detailed instructions.

--

Tauno Voipio
Previous Topic:Can't call functions from avr/power.h
Next Topic:Need to "refresh" to add new binary
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 22 02:02:57 GMT 2024