Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Andmore » Can Eclipse run a single instance only of a project?
Can Eclipse run a single instance only of a project? [message #1808820] Tue, 02 July 2019 10:46 Go to next message
Joel16 bvbytrdfg is currently offline Joel16 bvbytrdfgFriend
I usually develop mobile apps for iOS and Android and I am used to launching projects repeatedly without asking if another instance is running or not, since the simulators will handle this for me.

When I use Eclipse to develop desktop apps, I face this problem since running multiple times the same project will result in multiple different instances. I would like Eclipse to be able to kill the previously-opened processes before running the new one. I've found this question, but this one addresses the problem to let a single instance of a Java application run, but this is not quite the point. I do not care if the final release will run one or two times, I just want to be able to run a single instance when developing, seamlessly like Xcode or Eclipse for Android do. Moreover, that solution will popup an alert when running the same project twice, but that's not a solution for me. Kill and run, that it.

Is it possible to change the run configuration of the project to achieve this without changing the source code in Mybkexperience , or is this achievable with a plugin or what else? I would like to find a completely automated solution that could make me work as if I were under Xcode.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 July 2019 11:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can Eclipse run a single instance only of a project? [message #1832119 is a reply to message #1808820] Wed, 09 September 2020 11:44 Go to previous message
Yuga P is currently offline Yuga PFriend
No, it is not possible to change the Eclipse run setup with the goal that Eclipse quits instance occasion before running new instance.
Previous Topic:Eclipse editor online on my host
Next Topic:Creating a new Eclipse project with a Git repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:10:41 GMT 2024