Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Problems while editing double attributes with Text-Widget(Editing EDouble attributes with Text-Widget causes Error Message when an Integer is entered)
Problems while editing double attributes with Text-Widget [message #1808648] Fri, 28 June 2019 07:55 Go to next message
s st is currently offline s stFriend
Hello,

I created a properties page with Sirius to edit EDouble attributes of EMF Objects by using a Text-Widget. This works fine if the entered value actually is a double. So if I enter '1.0' there is no problem. If I simply enter '1', an error message is shown (see attachment). I understand that the 1 is parsed to a double and then set as the new value, which causes the model and the view holding different values. But is there actually a way to deactivate this error message?
In my case it is useless, because the view is updated immediately after I enter the new value and it's displaying the 1.0 while the error message is still showing (I set the 'Force refresh' to true of the dynamic mapping that creates the Text-Widget). When I press one of the buttons in the error dialog I additionally get a SWT-Exception that tells me 'Widget is disposed'.

So is there a way to disable the error message or do I have to simply avoid it by using a String attribute instead of a Double or forbidding inputs that are not formatted as double?

Kind regards
Sebastian
Re: Problems while editing double attributes with Text-Widget [message #1808807 is a reply to message #1808648] Tue, 02 July 2019 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Jones is currently offline Daniel JonesFriend
Problems while editing double attributes with Text-Widget Editing EDouble attributes with Text-Widget causes Error Message when an Integer is entered.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 July 2019 04:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems while editing double attributes with Text-Widget [message #1808980 is a reply to message #1808807] Fri, 05 July 2019 12:50 Go to previous message
Pierre Guilet is currently offline Pierre GuiletFriend
Hi,

This seems to be a bug. You can create a bu ticket on https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Sirius

Nothing you can do.

Regards,

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

[Updated on: Fri, 05 July 2019 12:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to avoid overlapping of containers while using custom layout provider
Next Topic:Why does Sirius display an image with an exception?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:41:11 GMT 2024