Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Generate JavaFX Getters and Setters fails with exception(Generate JavaFX Getters and Setters fails with exception)
Generate JavaFX Getters and Setters fails with exception [message #1808331] Fri, 21 June 2019 15:19 Go to next message
David Johansen is currently offline David JohansenFriend
I've been using e(fx)clipse for most of 2019. Yesterday I noticed that the "Generate JavaFX Getters and Setters" feature wasn't functional. I have used that feature successfully many times in the past. The dialog appears, but after selecting the desired attributes and clicking OK, nothing happens. The eclipse log below shows that the plugin is unhappy.

My suspicion is that the problem may be attributable to my having recently updated e(fx)clipse to 3.5.0. I've tried various combinations of falling back to a prior e(fx)clipse version and stepping up to the latest eclipse version, to no avail.

I'm presently running eclipse 2018-12 (4.10.0, Build id: 20181214-0600) under Windows 10; e(fx)clipse version 3.5.0.201906210301.

ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2019-06-21 10:45:04.897
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTParser.<init>(ASTParser.java:239)
at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTParser.newParser(ASTParser.java:134)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.corext.refactoring.util.RefactoringASTParser.<init>(RefactoringASTParser.java:42)
at org.eclipse.fx.ide.jdt.ui.internal.handler.AddFXBeanGetterSetterHandler$GetterSetterDialog.okPressed(AddFXBeanGetterSetterHandler.java:250)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.buttonPressed(Dialog.java:469)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.lambda$0(Dialog.java:622)
at org.eclipse.swt.events.SelectionListener$1.widgetSelected(SelectionListener.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:252)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4131)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1055)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3944)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3547)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:822)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:798)
at org.eclipse.fx.ide.jdt.ui.internal.handler.AddFXBeanGetterSetterHandler.execute(AddFXBeanGetterSetterHandler.java:132)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:294)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:96)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:58)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:320)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:254)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:164)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:156)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:497)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:490)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:213)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.executeItem(HandledContributionItem.java:438)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.AbstractContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(AbstractContributionItem.java:449)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.AbstractContributionItem.lambda$2(AbstractContributionItem.java:475)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4131)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1055)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3944)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3547)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1173)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:339)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1062)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:156)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:339)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:563)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:151)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:155)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:659)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:595)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1501)
Re: Generate JavaFX Getters and Setters fails with exception [message #1808620 is a reply to message #1808331] Thu, 27 June 2019 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update: There have been several releases of e(fx)clipse since my first post, including today (I'm now using 3.5.0.201906270300), but the original issue remains.
Re: Generate JavaFX Getters and Setters fails with exception [message #1808657 is a reply to message #1808620] Fri, 28 June 2019 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
As we are using internals this gets broken from time to time :-( - I know it works on 2019-03 (have not yet tried 2019-06) though
Re: Generate JavaFX Getters and Setters fails with exception [message #1808678 is a reply to message #1808657] Fri, 28 June 2019 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Thomas, I'll give 2019-03 a try.

Dave
Re: Generate JavaFX Getters and Setters fails with exception [message #1809015 is a reply to message #1808678] Fri, 05 July 2019 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get exactly the same exception using eclipse 2019-03, and updating e(fx)clipse to the latest (that's 3.5.0.201907050301).

I created a brand new workspace, and a toy JavaFX project using the default template. I then created a class with a single property:

package application;

import javafx.beans.property.SimpleIntegerProperty;

public class RowSelector {

private SimpleIntegerProperty foo;

}

Right-clicked the display and selected Source => Generate JavaFX getters and setters. The e(fx)clipse dialog appears as expected, but checking the box for the foo property and clicking OK doesn't produce an observable result, besides the exception in the log.
Re: Generate JavaFX Getters and Setters fails with exception [message #1809024 is a reply to message #1809015] Sat, 06 July 2019 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Can file an issue on github please
Re: Generate JavaFX Getters and Setters fails with exception [message #1809084 is a reply to message #1809024] Mon, 08 July 2019 16:35 Go to previous message
Opened https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=549072 . Thanks Thomas,

Dave
Previous Topic:Create an e4 application with Tutorial 4
Next Topic:e4 on JavaFX with maven/gradle and java8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:24:05 GMT 2024