Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Exported Eclipse Workbench App Doesn't Show Mylyn
Exported Eclipse Workbench App Doesn't Show Mylyn [message #1808266] Thu, 20 June 2019 19:10 Go to next message
Brandon Lewis is currently offline Brandon LewisFriend
I'm trying to export a basic Eclipse workbench app with some common Eclipse plugins included. Mylyn is one I want to include.

My very super basic app has a product config that includes all the mylyn stuff and check outs. I can launch the product config from within Eclipse and the launched product has Mylyn clearly visible in both the installed plugins and the Window -> Show View -> Mylyn

When I export the product as a standalone application, I can see within the exported app/product that the Mylyn plugins are installed using the Help -> About menu.

However, the Mylyn folder does not appear in the Window -> Show View. (Neither does the Atlassian plug-in windows, which are also installed).

I've tried searching in the Quick Access menu and I can't find it there either (which is mentioned in several threads here).

How can it be installed and "there", but not "there"?

Are there some extension points that I get for free when launching my product within Eclipse that I don't get when I export the product as a standalone app?

I'm confused. Burnt most of my day here.

Eclipse 4.6.3 (older but works with my linux install at work with no IT interaction). Mylyn version appears to primarily be 3.24 as most mylyn plugins are label with that.
Re: Exported Eclipse Workbench App Doesn't Show Mylyn [message #1808268 is a reply to message #1808266] Thu, 20 June 2019 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I seem to be in dependency hell between org.apache.commons.lang_2.4.0 and org.apache.commons.lang_2.6.0 (backwards compatible right? :-) )

If 2.4.0 is in my target, mylyn and atlassian die. If only 2.6.0 is in my target, there's a complete detonation of everything eclipse.ui.ide and workbench related.

Can't win.
Re: Exported Eclipse Workbench App Doesn't Show Mylyn [message #1808269 is a reply to message #1808268] Thu, 20 June 2019 20:08 Go to previous message
Finally got it working by specifying an very specific version of apache.commons.lang. Now I'm off to figuring out why the Jira connector isn't work (wouldn't shock me if it's back to apache.commons.lang)
Previous Topic:Mylyn clutters view by automatically adding functions. Why?
Next Topic:Mylyn 3.25 is now available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:44:03 GMT 2024