Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » MARTE (Using MARTE )
MARTE [message #1808061] Sat, 15 June 2019 20:14 Go to next message
Doaa Dorgham is currently offline Doaa DorghamFriend
I found that the MARTE feature has been transformed into a Papyrus Component and install it, and I would like to know how to use it.
Is there any explanation how to use it like this; as shown in the example attached? with arrows and labels on it?
https://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/components/marte/neon/
I want to understand everything in the properties, palette project explorer.......... etc. all of it
I will use it to make software performance model and then use DICE simulator with it.
please help
Re: MARTE [message #1808118 is a reply to message #1808061] Mon, 17 June 2019 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi,

the current release of MARTE is a bit outdated, minor corrections are in the nightly build.
If you use MARTE with newer Eclipse versions (from oxygen onwards), the palette will no longer work as it uses a deprecated XML based customization mechanisms. However, the static profile itself and the property view works, i.e. you can apply the MARTE stereotypes via the "Profile" tab within the property view.

If you want to understand "all", you should have a look at the git sources: https://git.eclipse.org/c/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus-marte.git/.

HTH

Ansgar
Re: MARTE [message #1808123 is a reply to message #1808118] Mon, 17 June 2019 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I'm using Neon version because I want to use DICE simulation tool after finishing the annotated diagrams using papyrus MARTE - which I can't do - without user guide.

On the site https://www.eclipse.org/papyrus/components/marte/1.2.2/user/index.html#Download I found a link (The user guide could be downloaded as a pdf here) but error "404 File not found" was the answer.

I just need that user guide, the link you offered me is for developers I guess not for common users, I got confused with it :(

Thanks and regards
Doaa
Re: MARTE [message #1808232 is a reply to message #1808123] Thu, 20 June 2019 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shuai Li is currently offline Shuai LiFriend
Hi,

There's a Neon maintenance build for MARTE here:

https://hudson.eclipse.org/papyrus/job/papyrus-marte-neon/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/releng/org.eclipse.papyrus.marte.p2/target/repository/

You can just use it as the update-site for MARTE inside Eclipse Neon.
Re: MARTE [message #1808378 is a reply to message #1808232] Sat, 22 June 2019 19:53 Go to previous message
Hi,
Thank you so much Shuai Li
but you now my problem not in installing MARTE ... but in using MARTE.
I'll tell you what I want: when we learn how to use word as an example there was a user guide telling us:
If you want to move a word do the following:
- select the word
- go to home tab
- click on the scissors icon
- go the place .......................... etc.
I need that in papyrus MARTE it is not easy at all.
Help me please if you can
Thanks and regards
Previous Topic:several stereotypes with this feature are applied...
Next Topic:Model2Doc? -- Papyrus 4.4.0 Release Review
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 12 00:17:44 GMT 2019