Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Switch perspective is slow in e(fx)clipse(Have multiple perspectives in my app, If I open perspective A and then open perspective B, when I switch back to perspective A, the application's main thread will pause.)
Switch perspective is slow in e(fx)clipse [message #1807847] Tue, 11 June 2019 05:20 Go to next message
Zhendong Li is currently offline Zhendong LiFriend
I tried to track this problem using VisualVM and found that javafx.scene.CssStyleHelper.createStyleHelper() took the most CPU time when I switched perspective A again.
Does this mean that the interface of perspective A has been redrawn?
If you switch between different parts in the same perspective, this problem will not occur.
Re: Switch perspective is slow in e(fx)clipse [message #1807862 is a reply to message #1807847] Tue, 11 June 2019 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
You are right there are 2 problems:
* at some time in JDK-8 Timeframe a performance fix for CSS processing was reverted
* we detach the active perspective on switching

We can (and should) do 2 things:
* apply a workaround we already use for eg detach to minimize the impact by detaching
* don't detach the node containing the perspective but keep it in the SG
Re: Switch perspective is slow in e(fx)clipse [message #1807872 is a reply to message #1807862] Tue, 11 June 2019 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much for your reply!
Looking forward to any progress~(●'◡'●)
Re: Switch perspective is slow in e(fx)clipse [message #1819510 is a reply to message #1807872] Thu, 16 January 2020 13:13 Go to previous message
I'm back to the question. In the efx3.6 release note, I noticed that the second item had been fixed(we detach the active perspective on switching).
And I tried different versions of jdk and found that before jdk1.8_181 CSS was very good . Do you know anything about the first(CSS processing was reverted), Can I track the issue in the jdk repository.
Thank you very much for your work!
Previous Topic:"the import of javafx cannot be resolved"
Next Topic:Java11 e4 application openjfx
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:39:42 GMT 2024