Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Conditional Breakpoint sometimes skipped in Spring Batch project ?(It seems my Spring Batch project sometimes skips my conditional breakpoint)
Conditional Breakpoint sometimes skipped in Spring Batch project ? [message #1807835] Mon, 10 June 2019 14:27 Go to next message
Ralph Cook is currently offline Ralph CookFriend
I have a Spring Batch project; I develop in eclipse Photon on Windows 10. I set up a local Tomcat v7.0 server which operates a small UI to invoke the batch job as well as the batch job code itself.

I have a conditional breakpoint that reduces a list down to the couple of objects I'm interested in; that gets invoked and I have verified that it eliminates records I'm not interested in.

However, I notice console messages in processing records that the conditional should have eliminated. There are 65k records total, and Spring Batch feeds them to the job 1k at a time.

Is this a known bug? Perhaps a conditional breakpoint is not honored when it has already been hit in another thread? Or is there something else this could be?
Re: Conditional Breakpoint sometimes skipped in Spring Batch project ? [message #1807840 is a reply to message #1807835] Mon, 10 June 2019 17:31 Go to previous message
Ralph Cook is currently offline Ralph CookFriend
My apologies, this turned out to be user error -- I see now that, the first time the breakpoint was hit, there was a syntax error. I corrected the syntax error, but evidently that doesn't take effect until the next time it is hit. So the iterations for which I was seeing messages were from the loop that didn't get items removed, and I was processing that first 1000 records when I didn't expect to.

If I saw a button for removing the post, I would click on it, but at least I can report that this was not an error.
Previous Topic:Running Junit suite with Junit5 version in eclipse oxygen, throwing, "No Junit5 runner found er
Next Topic:JVM.dll ignores -Xss argument
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:37:54 GMT 2024