Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Build update site for ECL extensions
Build update site for ECL extensions [message #1807746] Fri, 07 June 2019 08:40 Go to next message
Thanh Pham is currently offline Thanh PhamFriend
Hi,

I tried to build an update site using this source: https://github.com/xored/rcptt.extensions.ecl
After building the site, I tried to install it (org.eclipse.rcptt.extensions.runtime.site) to RCP app but failed due to lack of dependent plugins.
Then, I attempted to add the required dependencies and build again. The plugins were installed successfully but failed to run when opening the RCP app in RCPTT.
When opening RCP app in RCPTT, error log of RCP app constantly outputted this message although "rcptt.tesla.swt.aspects" plugin had been installed to RCP app:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.rcptt.tesla.core.am 4 700 2019-06-13 10:09:50.018
!MESSAGE RCPTT aspects plugin "org.eclipse.rcptt.tesla.swt.aspects" is not initialized. Could not continue...

Could you show me detailed steps to build update site and install extensions to RCP app?

[SOLUTION]
Alexander Koptelov wrote on Mon, 01 July 2019 15:10
Hi,

What is the Eclipse version of your SUT? The thing is that there is a version range for the platform in the sample extension, ant it is [3.5, 4.8). This means that the extension won't be installed on Eclipse Photon and newer. You can try changing it to [3.5, 5.0). See rcptt.extensions.ecl/ide/plugins/org.eclipse.rcptt.extensions.updates/plugin.xml.

Regards,
Alex

[NOTE on Jenkin installation]
The injection only works when rcptt version is the same as extension version.

Best regards,
Thanh

[Updated on: Thu, 26 September 2019 04:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Build update site for ECL extensions [message #1807908 is a reply to message #1807746] Wed, 12 June 2019 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marco Manalo is currently offline Marco ManaloFriend
What's the error message?
Re: Build update site for ECL extensions [message #1807943 is a reply to message #1807908] Thu, 13 June 2019 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Macro Manalo,
Thank you for replying.

>> What's the error message?
When opening RCP app in RCPTT, error log of RCP app constantly outputted this message although "rcptt.tesla.swt.aspects" plugin had been installed to RCP app:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.rcptt.tesla.core.am 4 700 2019-06-13 10:09:50.018
!MESSAGE RCPTT aspects plugin "org.eclipse.rcptt.tesla.swt.aspects" is not initialized. Could not continue...

Could you show me detailed steps to build update site and install extensions to RCP app?

Thank you.
Re: Build update site for ECL extensions [message #1808786 is a reply to message #1807746] Mon, 01 July 2019 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Koptelov is currently offline Alexander KoptelovFriend
Hi,

What is the Eclipse version of your SUT? The thing is that there is a version range for the platform in the sample extension, ant it is [3.5, 4.8). This means that the extension won't be installed on Eclipse Photon and newer. You can try changing it to [3.5, 5.0). See rcptt.extensions.ecl/ide/plugins/org.eclipse.rcptt.extensions.updates/plugin.xml.

Also it is not generally needed to add RCPTT dependencies to the extension update site, they will be injected automatically by RCPTT launcher.

Regards,
Alex
Re: Build update site for ECL extensions [message #1815141 is a reply to message #1808786] Thu, 26 September 2019 04:12 Go to previous message
Hi Alex,
Sorry for late reply.
I can build the site using maven now.
Thank you.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 September 2019 04:19]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[Maven plugin] autWsPrefix is not working
Next Topic:Is it possible to get thread dump in case of timeout errors?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:16:35 GMT 2024