Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Working with tables(Selecting components in a table)
Working with tables [message #1806939] Sat, 18 May 2019 10:50 Go to next message
Mike Bray is currently offline Mike BrayFriend
I have a javafx app which has 2 tables. If you select a row in the first table the contents of the second table are changed. The second table can have one or more rows. Rows in the second have several fields with each column having more than one field (see screenshot.png)

I am mapping the button in the transaction. Do I have to create a separate technical name for the button in each row, eg:

row 1 button
row 2 button,
row 3 button

and click it directly eg:

ub_grc_click (row 2 button)
ub_grc_click (row 3 button)

or can I create one technical name eg:

row button

and select the row before using the button, eg:

ub_tbl_selectValueFromRow (row 2)
ub_grc_click (row button)
ub_tbl_selectValueFromRow (row 3)
ub_grc_click (row button)

Mike

Mike Bray
Re: Working with tables [message #1807023 is a reply to message #1806939] Tue, 21 May 2019 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Buttons in Tables are more complicated than it seems. Having a technical name for these buttons in the first place might not be the correct solution. The problem is that the buttons might change in the hierarchy and their name since they only have a continuing number at the end as part of their identification. This might lead to test which are not reproducible always.
In this case it might help to use the selectCell(with mouse position) module, but this is more of a workaround
The best solution would be to write your own action as an extension, but this is more complicated.

best regards
Marvin Mueller
Re: Working with tables [message #1807030 is a reply to message #1807023] Tue, 21 May 2019 12:35 Go to previous message
Mike Bray is currently offline Mike BrayFriend
Thanks Marvin

What I am doing is using ub_tbl_selectCell to get me to the correct cell and then ub_grc_click to click on the button. I will see if I run into issues with the other buttons. As you say writing my own action is more complex, being new to Jubula it is yet another thing to learn.
Regards
Mike

Mike Bray
Previous Topic:Button Check existence
Next Topic:CZ keyboard - mapping of certain characters does not work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:35:03 GMT 2024