Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Invoking MenuDetectListener in a StyledText
Invoking MenuDetectListener in a StyledText [message #1806354] Wed, 08 May 2019 05:21
Mary Dilip is currently offline Mary DilipFriend
I have a SourceViewer in my RCP application, and have added a MenuDetectListener to its textWidget (which is StyledText instance). I use this listener to invoke ISourceViewer.QUICK_ASSIST operation.

Now, when I try to automate the testing of this feature using RCPTT, when I right click in the text widget and select an option from the quick assist menu, recorded script is:

with [get-window "<window name>"] {
    with [get-text-viewer] {
        hover-text 1 2
        set-caret-pos 1 2
    }
    get-window -from "CompletionProposalPopup.createProposalSelector()" | get-table | select "<quick assist option name>" 
        | click -default
}

However this fails on replay with error: "The Window "[-from, CompletionProposalPopup.createProposalSelector()]" could not be found."

I also tried

1)
get-menu -path "<quick assist option name>" | double-click

2)
get-text-viewer | hover-text 1 2 | mouse down -button Right

but in vain.

Can anyone help me on how to invoke the MenuDetectListener properly and select an option from the resulting Quick Assist menu?
Previous Topic:Is there any way to generalize error when checking within a test case?
Next Topic:Unable to run RCPTT tests using pom.xml for eclipse 4.9 application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:15:33 GMT 2024